Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
deano72 Wrote:Ok. Got it working had to delete all entries from sources.XML
I have now scanned all my content all albums/events showing. However ever thumbnail or photo just shows a black screen. How do i get photo to show?

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...stcount=75
Boseman Wrote:That's correct, at least in using the plugin with XBMC. This does impose some restrictions (in the plugins current state) in the music detail, like artwork, as noted above by steve1977.

Is anyone still working on the plugin and is there some hope in the nearterm? The lack of album artwork is a rather big missing piece. Anything possible to adopt from Plex. I dont like where their direction and dont use it, but recall that their itunes implementation works rather smoothly.
Inspecting the default.py shows that d4rk is the author (as well as initiated this thread). You might try to PM him to see if he responds. I agree it is a glaring missing piece, but he does state that it is a to do in the default.py. Please post your findings.
@Boseman
I seem to have some trouble.

Basically what you are saying that I need to create within Nito TV / Network an Manual Mount Point which should look like this (in my case)
/Volumes/iMac/Macintosh HD/Users/DrPepper/Pictures/iPhoto Library

This, I need to enter in Nito TV to mount it , right ?

after that, I ssh into aTV and do this :
ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iMac/Macintosh HD/Users/DrPepper/Pictures/iPhoto Library" /Users/frontrow/Pictures

is that correct ?

Is the only way by doing so to type it on the small Apple Remote Huh

Thanks

DrPepper
DrPepper Wrote:@Boseman
I seem to have some trouble.

Basically what you are saying that I need to create within Nito TV / Network an Manual Mount Point which should look like this (in my case)
/Volumes/iMac/Macintosh HD/Users/DrPepper/Pictures/iPhoto Library

The key to this is to have the mount point (on the ATV) appear to be the same as you have it on your iMac. An easy way to determine this is to bring up terminal on your iMac and ls /Volumes. This should show all of your mounted Volumes on your iMac. The one you care about is the one that paths to your iPhoto Library pkg/dir. Based on your above example it most likely is Macintosh HD (or your internal drive on your iMac).

You will need to share this Volume (Macintosh HD) on your iMac.

Then you will need to mount it to: /mnt/Scratch/Volumes on your ATV. There are several mounting techniques to mount a Volume on the ATV, in my case I use NitoTV with afp (bonjour): http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV_Take_2
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV

You can get help and find info for NitoTV at: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f98/65727.htm

This, I need to enter in Nito TV to mount it , right ?

If you are manually mounting on NitoTV, your mount point is Macintosh HD, not the path you describe above. It will automatically place it in /mnt/Scratch/Volumes
after that, I ssh into aTV and do this :
ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iMac/Macintosh HD/Users/DrPepper/Pictures/iPhoto Library" /Users/frontrow/Pictures

is that correct ?

The symlink must be attached to the proper path, just like on your iMac. So if you see Macintosh HD when you ls /Volumes on your iMac, then the proper symlink would be:

ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/DrPepper/Pictures/iPhoto Library" /Users/frontrow/Pictures

Is the only way by doing so to type it on the small Apple Remote Huh

I personally do all of this via my iMac, by just using terminal. No appletv direct effort at all (other than NitoTV and running the plugin of course). In fact, if you just use the plugin, there is no need to add any source other than the pictures plugins.

Thanks

DrPepper

Let me know if this helps.
@Boseman

Just can't get it to work.
When trying to mount in Nito TV, it says mount_afp not found.
When trying to mount it manually in the terminal it also says mount_afp unknown command.

Am I missing something ?

DrPepper

P.S. As it seems i am missing the mount_afp. I downloaded the 10.4.9 combo update however the mount_afp is missing. Appleshare is in it but not the other one.
Can anyone mail me that file ?
DrPepper Wrote:@Boseman

Just can't get it to work.
When trying to mount in Nito TV, it says mount_afp not found.
When trying to mount it manually in the terminal it also says mount_afp unknown command.

Am I missing something ?

DrPepper

P.S. As it seems i am missing the mount_afp. I downloaded the 10.4.9 combo update however the mount_afp is missing. Appleshare is in it but not the other one.
Can anyone mail me that file ?

I personally have not tried it, but have you tried to manually mount via SMB (I believe it only requires smart install with the 10.4.9 update) with NitoTV? Should create the same mount points as far as I can tell.
Ok,
so I mount the Harddrive from my iMac to the Apple TV in smb ?

I will try tonight than.

Thanks
DrPepper Wrote:Ok,
so I mount the Harddrive from my iMac to the Apple TV in smb ?

I will try tonight than.

Thanks

You most likely are aware, be sure to enable SMB sharing on your iMac.
System Preferences>Sharing>File Sharing>Options>Share Files and Folders using SMB

Also, if you are still determined to enable afp, your atv may have a 1.0 base (no need to acquire/build one), so that you can easily create your own recovery.dmg. To determine, check out this thread: http://forum.awkwardtv.org/viewtopic.php...82&start=0
If it checks out, just follow the smart install in the NitoTV wiki.
Ok, it somehow worked ;-)
Next Problem :-)
as my iPhoto Library has over 6000 pictures and I have it connected through Wireless, you can imagine the slideshow can take some time to load the pictures.

Just a question.
If I would sync via iTunes on my Apple TV, iTunes creates Files under /mnt/Media for example.

If I would do a symbolic Link to the /frontrow/Music or Pictures directory, and use the Plugin to Import the Library , would that work ?
So I would not need to stream over the WLAN , and I would have everything synced via my iMac ?

Would that be possible ?

Cheers

DrPepper

P.S. Boseman : THANK YOU !!!
DrPepper Wrote:Ok, it somehow worked ;-)
Next Problem :-)
as my iPhoto Library has over 6000 pictures and I have it connected through Wireless, you can imagine the slideshow can take some time to load the pictures.

Just a question.
If I would sync via iTunes on my Apple TV, iTunes creates Files under /mnt/Media for example.

If I would do a symbolic Link to the /frontrow/Music or Pictures directory, and use the Plugin to Import the Library , would that work ?
So I would not need to stream over the WLAN , and I would have everything synced via my iMac ?

Would that be possible ?

Cheers

DrPepper

P.S. Boseman : THANK YOU !!!

Glad you got it to work.

Nope....at least in the current state and I know of no one who has done this personally.

The format of the "media library" (/mnt/Media/Media Files) on the appletv is very different than standard iTunes/iPhoto.
Posted this back in June and no replies, can't anyone help with this?
The iPhoto plugins its working with iPhoto 8?
I run the iTunes plugin with succes but the iPhoto plugin seem to do nothing.
I've tried on my Macbook and Mini (SnowLeo 10.6.1)

I would appreciate your help
I am currently using Snow Leopard with iPhoto 8.1, however, I have been using it a while from previous versions of XBMC, iPhoto, and OS X. It works fine for me, with the known limitations of course.

When you invoke the iPhoto plugin, I take it that you go thru import, but nothing gets "retrieved"?

Did you try this?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=304...stcount=52
Im trying to execute in Macbook/Mini not in AppleTV
The iphoto plugin seem to do nothing, nothing (even context menu or errors)
I have the iPhoto Library in the default location /Users/(name)/Pictures/iPhoto Library

Sorry about my English, I'm spanish
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26