Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen resolution stuck at 640x480
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

My TV (LG 42" 1080i) is stuck on 640x480 resolution regardless the display settings. If i set it to 720p, i will only see 1/4 of the screen and the TV is still set to 640x480. Any ideas?
I found that the first time it booted up it was only taking up 1/4 of the screen but if I went into settings I could easily change it to the resolution that have (Fullscreen) next to it and that would fix it
Yeah, you mean 640x480 (Fullscreen) setting? I want to use 720p so that the TV also changes the resolution.
Oh it only has 640x480 fullscreen ? that probably means its not detecting your tv very well Mine Detected my LG tv as 1360x768 which is what it is so I had the option for
1360x768 (fullscreen)
What sort of graphics card do you have ?
Jezz_X Wrote:What sort of graphics card do you have ?
and are you connecting via VGA or DVI/HDMI?, have you tried both VGA and DVI/HDMI? Huh
I have the same problems with my TV, in My case it's due to the fact that my TV doesn't send good essid values, only 640x480 and 720x480. Although if I use VGA out it will detect and use an atleast higher resolution, 1024x768. So you should try that.

Otherwise you can usually force xorg to use a specific resolution but this is far from trivial and takes alot of time and devotion, I think it took my atleast 20h to get my TV use 1024x768 with DVI -> HDMI.

Cheers