Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi won't load on W2 box running Android 12 OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I install Kodi Nexus from the Apple Play Store, it installs with no apparent problems.  But when I attempt to open Kodi I get a screen that tells me
   INFO
   Kodi requires access to your media and files to function.  Please allow this via the following dialog box or Kodi will exit.
I click the Continue box and see this

Allow Kodi to record audio                                                                           While using the app
(you can change this later in settings)                                                           Only this time   
                                                                                                                Deny

Regardless of the choice I make, the next screen is 
ERROR
Permission Denied.   Exiting

Any help getting past this issue would be very much appreciated.
Don't know what a W2 box is, so what is it exactly you are trying to install Kodi on? It could the manufacturer has adjusted the Android OS to deny those permissions.
Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.  W2 is the model name of the android box I recently purchased on Amazon. 

I followed your advice and changed the settings to allow all permissions.  Kodi is now working flawlessly.

Thanks again for your help.  Wish I had realized how easy the fix was before I bothered y'all.
Thread marked solved.