Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to solve a problem in Amber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for DAYS and can't find the XML file that would adjust where the Season/Episodes and Genres fall on the screen. I've recently changed to Tall List and those elements fall off the bottom of the screen, and it's only happening on the TV Shows screen. The Movies screen is fine. Any chance anyone knows where this setting is? See picture. Thanks! (I don't know why I can't get the picture to show, but hopefully the link goes to the pic.)

(2023-06-29, 03:03)SMB-IL Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for DAYS and can't find the XML file that would adjust where the Season/Episodes and Genres fall on the screen. I've recently changed to Tall List and those elements fall off the bottom of the screen, and it's only happening on the TV Shows screen. The Movies screen is fine. Any chance anyone knows where this setting is? See picture. Thanks! (I don't know why I can't get the picture to show, but hopefully the link goes to the pic.)

Edit includes.xml around line 1624 (I use a version from github so the line may be different)
Edit the value of   param name="footer2top">885</param>

Code:
<!-- Panel Template for Tall List -->
    <include name="PanelTemplateTall">
        <param name="viewid">501</param>
        <param name="top"></param>
        <param name="left">60</param>
        <param name="height"></param>
        <param name="subinfoheight"></param>
        <param name="width">870</param>
        <param name="groupheight">710</param>
        <param name="heading"></param>
        <param name="subheading"></param>
        <param name="subheading2"></param>
        <param name="subheading2_visible">false</param>
        <param name="plotgrouptop"></param>
        <param name="plotheight">630</param>
        <param name="plot">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</param>
        <param name="footer"></param>
        <param name="footer2"></param>
        <param name="visibility"></param>
        <param name="showfooter">true</param>
        <param name="showfooter2">true</param>
        <param name="showflags">true</param>
        <param name="footertop">845</param>
        <param name="footer2top">885</param>      <========  Edit this    
        <param name="flagstop"></param>
        <param name="footerheight">115</param>
Thanks, but I think I tried that setting, and it only affects the Movies screen, which displays fine. The TV Shows are the problem, and I spent some time in that file tonight and still can't get the TV Show footer to move up. I think it probably has something to do with the Season and Episode being displayed down there, in addition to the Director and the Genres. The Season/Episode adds a line, and I could probably do without it anyway as the Season/Episode is right there in the listing on the right, BUT I can't even find that to take it out! There are so many $PARAM settings, and those lead elsewhere, so they generally make me crazy! But, thanks for your help anyway!
Sorry about that.
Here's a proper fix that will only apply the change to the tvshows.

Edit includes.xml and search for PanelTemplateTall then go to the end of the include (it's just before the   <!-- Panel Template for Big List --> comment)

Replace the last control label section of the include:

Code:
<control type="label" description="Footer">
    <top>$PARAM[footer2top]</top>
    <visible>$PARAM[showfooter]</visible>
    <visible>[!String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Duration) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Genre) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Year) | !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)] |
         [Container.Content(seasons) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.Label,$LOCALIZE[20366]) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)]</visible>
    <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
    <height>75</height>
    <font>ListDetails</font>
    <label>$PARAM[footer]</label>
    <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
    <aligny>top</aligny>
</control>

With both of these control label sections

Code:
    <top>$PARAM[footer2top]</top>
    <visible>[!Container.Content(tvshows) + [!String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Duration) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Genre) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Year) | !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)]] |
         [Container.Content(seasons) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.Label,$LOCALIZE[20366]) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)]</visible>
    <height>75</height>
    <font>ListDetails</font>
    <aligny>top</aligny>
</control>

<top>777</top>
    <visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) + [!String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Duration) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Genre) | !String.IsEmpty(Listitem.Year) | !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)]] |
    <height>75</height>
    <font>ListDetails</font>
    <aligny>top</aligny>
</control>

Amend the value 777 in the last section to whatever position you want.
Ah, perfect! Thank you so much! Such spaghetti code in there -- I have to stop changing code and just live with what comes with the skin -- much easier! Thanks again and have a good holiday weekend!
(2023-08-31, 01:20)SMB-IL Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, perfect! Thank you so much! Such spaghetti code in there -- I have to stop changing code and just live with what comes with the skin -- much easier! Thanks again and have a good holiday weekend!
Glad it's sorted. Since you're into changing code, try the versions from github.
I use the master and it has so many improvements over the kodi repository (about 3 years of changes!) . Even more after I've been changing code to my liking Smile
I think I burned out on making changes. I'd end up doing it and then there'd be a version change of the Kodi code and that would mean changing the skin to the latest and starting the changes all over again. I'll probably just stick with the basic code in the future. It was fun for a while, but it became kind of a slog. I think I sat on v.16 until v.19 was out just to avoid making changes to the updated code again. I found myself spending more time on the code to make Kodi pretty than actually using it to watch my library! 😂