Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Digital Audio???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get digital audio to work. The settings are thier but nothing ouputs to my reciever. Digital audio works in windows and XBMC for windows.

My Computer specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Asus KV8 SE-Deluxe MB
NVidia GeForce 7600GT AGP
This is known and is probably a bug or not implemented. (I'm not sure on the details as I don't use digital out).
Hopefully it will be fixed until gold is released.
Mines a weirder problem I have digital out it but only on anything encoded with ac3 audio, all my mp3 encoded audio isn't there in either analog or digital. :confused2:
I have on board audio with the Realtek ALC663 HD codec running through spdif.
I forgot the Mobo is an Asus P5K3L-S1-P5G35
treefour Wrote:Mines a weirder problem I have digital out it but only on anything encoded with ac3 audio, all my mp3 encoded audio isn't there in either analog or digital. :confused2:
I have on board audio with the Realtek ALC663 HD codec running through spdif.

That problem actually isn't that weird. With AC3 audio, the audio stream is just passed over the digital out to your receiver, xbmc doesn't have to do any work (well it does have to demux things, but it's less work). With an mp3, xbmc has to decode the mp3 and then encode 2 channel pcm and send it over the digital out to your receiver, which is a bit more complicated. Sorry that doesn't really help you fix anything, just saying it's not surprising...
Actually, sounds like the alsa bug I used to run into. Search the linux forums for my posts regarding this (i'm too lazy to do it right now) and for the workaround.
Cheers everybody thanks for your help, it worked like a charm. Nod

This app ROCKS !!!!! A big thanks to all the Devs for their hardwork
Okay, I went ahead and stickied the other thread with the workaround.

Thanks.