Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I get KODI to refresh it metadata globally?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the addition of the KODI systems, I am tasking advantage of this transition to address many years of lakadaisical attention to my movie metadata files.  Embedded into the scraper I wrote is a check for various errors / anomalies in the metadata and file structures, and I am working to get rid of any issues.  The problem is, I don't see how to get KODI to refresh its entire database, which is what needs to happen.  It is not too terribly difficult - although not all that easy, either - to get KODI to refresh the metadata, artwork, etc. on a single title, but doing it for thousands of individual titles on multiple systems is far from practical.  How can I induce KODI to refresh every video?  Having it re-scan the library does not do it.
Edit source, Change content to None, select OK, do not select remove files from library, then change back to what it was, kodi will ask to refresh, this will reset watch states

https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
This thread can be marked as RESOLVED.
Thread marked solved.