Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TLV 98inch C735 audio passthrough not working, any solution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Need some help please.

I have a TLC C735 TV running Kodi Nexus and there is only the audio track RAW option.
That do not work, there is no passthrough to my earc to the AVR.

If i understand it correctly this is due to the manufacturer of the TV "TLC" have not released a proper KODI friendly version of Android and therefor the option audiotrack IEC is not available.

Is there a workaround/fix for this issue?

/Erling
(2023-07-20, 00:12)Erling Hugosson Wrote: [ -> ]TLC C735 TV

TCL*
TCL that's right Wink  miss typed that one, thanks for the correction.

When i use my Nvidia shield the AVR recognize the audio stream from KODI as Atmos.
When i play the same movie from my TCL tv and it's version of KODI the AVR screen says Multi channel and the sound is not great.

Just for fun i tried to play the same movie from Disney+ on the TV and the AVR recognize the audio stream as Atmos and great sound.

The AVR is a SR8015 from Marantz and conncted to the TV on the earc HDMI.
(2023-07-20, 10:06)Erling Hugosson Wrote: [ -> ]TCL that's right Wink  miss typed that one, thanks for the correction.

When i use my Nvidia shield the AVR recognize the audio stream from KODI as Atmos.
When i play the same movie from my TCL tv and it's version of KODI the AVR screen says Multi channel and the sound is not great.

Just for fun i tried to play the same movie from Disney+ on the TV and the AVR recognize the audio stream as Atmos and great sound.

The AVR is a SR8015 from Marantz and conncted to the TV on the earc HDMI.
Forgot the question... 

- Why can't Kodi passthrough the audio stream when the Disney+ app can do it?
Maybe ask the Disney app? They are closed source and might use a private API?

If you want to know why Kodi cannot do it, post your Debug Log, it will show you exactly which formats your box supports via public android API.
Kodi on a tcl passing through audio no problem. Got my 825 and it plays dd+ with Atmos and all dts including x.
You can forgot about true-hd.This one is not supported.
(2023-07-22, 16:34)borygo77 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi on a tcl passing through audio no problem. Got my 825 and it plays dd+ with Atmos and all dts including x.
You can forgot about true-hd.This one is not supported.

Ok, noted.  I think the TV's CPU is to slow. It's a shame, need to keep my Shield pro, was hoping to get rid of one gadget and get more stability from CEC and arc, but no..

Got pass through sort of working with Nexus 20.0 but not with 20.2.
         But as said tv to slow.  Still strange that Disney+ is working thou, maybe much less data in their stream.

Anyway thanks all for replying to this thread Smile