Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are situations that you want to make a device that plays files and it is not connected to Internet.
When you have a device that never connects to internet, the time will always be wrong.
It would be great if we could remove the current time date from the skin.

This unfortunately closed thread is from 2 years ago otherwise I would have replied to that
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360614

It says you should be able to remove the time from the Sub Windows and the Main Window.
I have the latest official Amber 3.4.11 but there is no option to remove it from the Main Window.

The last thing that stays is the time in the playing OSD, current time and when it will finish.
Those information will be always wrong too, it would be great if we could remove them.
i don't know about completely removing the time but if you download the latest amber from github, amber 3.4.32, there will be a setting in "media views/select items to show in views/end time" then at least the wrong finish time will not be displayed
I have the latest Kodi 20.2 and used it to download Amber. How come "removing it from Main Window" is not still in the official repository after 2 years?
that i don't know. i only know the official repo was always a few versions behind

this is the link to the nexus branch of amber https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...tree/Nexus

i didn't update to the nexus version of amber when i updated kodi to 20, since i read there are some issues i read about, but the matrix version is working perfectly except if you want to donwload dependencies trough the skin. since it's the matrix version it downloads the dependencies that would work on matrix and not the nexus ones. those you have to install manually once. and theĀ  they update automatically anyway

the skin is not updated that frequently anymore so if you install the latest one manually you should be good to go and have all the features