Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with Kodi remapping the enter button on Firestick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using a firestick with Kodi 20.2. I downloaded the Kodi keymap editor addon. I'm trying to change the long press button of the enter button to show information instead of the context menu however no change is taking affect. I changed the button (global - windows - open addon info - then long pressed the enter button) that action now has this code (16838669) I saved it restarted Kodi but I still get the deult context menu show up when I long press the enter button. It created a keymap XML file and looks as if it should be working but it's not. Can anyone help. I just want to change this button to show information instead of the context menu.

Cheers
My XML file is as shown..

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="16838669">info</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Is there anything I can do to make this action work or is it not possible? I have done some searching around and it looks like it might be however I'm completely stuck now I did see some code to add on the Kodi wiki ( <button mod="longpress">action</button>) but I'm not sure what I need to edit in this code or if this is even the correct code to use.
i dont believe this is possible but if it is going to work at all the best method would be to use the keymap editor addon
Instead of

try
<enter mod="longpress">Info</enter>
Hello,

Thanks very much for your help.

Unfortunately that didn't work my long press still brings up the context menu.

I replaced the text you said within the XML file.
I should note by enter button. I mean the ok/ select button on a firestick remote.
It was definitely possible around 7 years ago
... 7 years ago it was android 5 and kodi was still in v17's, people change code ...

check or post your Debug Log so you can see what events kodi is receiving -

is android sending a right click on long press
is kodi seeing a long press in order to react

there are a number of actions handled by the operating system which kodi never even receives

-----

or, even better, use the keymap editor addon to see what the log would show as i already suggested
I just would of thought Kodi has become more advanced since then and I been reading some things that was posted in 2021 in regards to long press key remapping.

Ok I'll try get a debug log now.

Kodi acknowledges that it's a long press yes it opens the context menu when I long press the button. Short press it selects the item.

I did use the keymap editor and it created this inside a keymap XML file.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

I don't know what to look for in a log so I'll try downloading it now and upload it here.
(2023-07-24, 20:15)666jones Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what to look for in a log so I'll try downloading it now and upload it here.

There is a Kodi Log Uploader add-on for people's convenience.
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <return mod="longpress"></return>
      <enter mod="longpress"></enter>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
try the keymap i posted above, it is working on another android device so i expect it to work for you

remember to add the Info action to the keys
Hello,

Thanks that code definitely done something however long press changed from context menu to just select. Both short press and long press had the same action.

Here is the log for before I used your code.
https://paste.kodi.tv/gicazofoka

And here is the log for after I entered your code
https://paste.kodi.tv/keselufoya
Sorry I don't have a clue where I should enter the info key. Should it be something like this.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<return mod="longpress">info</return>
<enter mod="longpress">info</enter>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Pages: 1 2