Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wireless Networking - Unable to detect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently wiped my android xbmcmart tv box clean and reloaded all the program links. First time users would see a message "connect now." I do not see that message after the android xbmcmart tv box completed it initialization setps. I am having an issue (was having way back to last year) connecting an android xbmcmart tv box to an wifi gateway. Last year I upgraded to fiber access to my home and the technician upgraded my old gateway to BGW320-505. Everytime I unplug the ethernet cable and try to use my wireless main network or a secondary test network that's available, I can't seem to get the android tv box to pull an IP address after taking the following steps. First I select the shut down link from the menu screen. Then I press the home button on my remote and it takes me back to the home screen. I select the setting link at the top and then open the wifi (purple) box and turn the wifi tab at the top of the screen to ON. Both of my wireless networks appear on the screen. The state of the connection says disconnected. I can select any of the two network(s), enter the correct password(s) but cannot pull an IP from my gateway. I can't understand what I am missing. Any suggestions?
The 15 year old thread in the wrong forum is not going to help you much. I've moved the post to the Android forum and given a first post title. it's likely that you will have to enable some sort of SMB (wiki) connection, check out Networking (wiki).

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
note this site has no affiliation with http://www.xbmcmart.com or their products