Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, would really appreciate some help. Although I have been using Kodi for a decade, I still continually come up against this issue from time to time and have never found a solid solution.

This happens I would say for around 1 in 5 shows that I try to add to my local TV Shows file directory.

My issue is, the show does not show when viewing in TV shows, unless I have settings set to 'show empty tv shows'. and then as expected it shows the Show title, but no episodes in the subsequent folder.

The files show when being viewed in Files>Tv Shows>Show Title etc. often will full artworks and episode synopsis etc. so the scraper is seeing them. But then when trying to view in TV Shows from the main menu, nothing.

I have renamed files till I an blue in the face, tried adding artworks and NFO's at a local level to try and assist with getting the system to recognize the contents of the show(s), but I come up against this again and again. If anyone can please help I would really appreciate it. Happy to send a log file or something if that would help? Just tell me what I can d to facilitate taking care of this issue as it drives me mad!
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]TV shows, unless I have settings set to 'show empty tv shows'
You get to see what you're missing Smile
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]Show title, but no episodes in the subsequent folder.
It didn't scrape, but attempted. Usually the (year) in the title helps differentiate. In file mode (the video button) you can effectively scrape and usually get a list of potential shows.
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]The files show when being viewed in Files>Tv Shows>Show Title etc. often will full artworks and episode synopsis etc.
File mode will show videos in the target, artwork may be showing if there is artwork present from a previous old scrape, 3rd party manager or art down-loader, manually added. Synopsis data usually shows if you already have material in the folder (Kodi checks the folder first to see if there is existing data, and will use that unless directed to utilize web data). to see or appreciate any meta-data in the folder you must export your library; until that happens you are looking at internal library listings. (ya I know clear as mud).
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]when trying to view in TV Shows from the main menu, nothing.
Sure sign you haven't yet properly scrape the show. The first attempt to scrape ran into a problem and it's usually nomenclature issue. Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) enjoy Naming video files/Episodes (wiki)
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]Happy to send a log file
Blue in the Face? perhaps you are a related of someone from Pandora? Let's make you happy and post the log to a public paste-bin and link that URL with your next post; showing  your  attempt to bring in a TV show that doesn't...
(2023-07-29, 12:43)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]Happy to send a log file or something if that would help?
Yes, it will help. Delete the empty tv show from your library. Then try to rescrape it. Capture that in the log.
2023-07-31 02:27:24.918 T:4756  WARNING <general>: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'Z:\Downloads\TV Shows\James May's Cars Of The People\' does not exist - skipping scan.
(2023-07-31, 03:36)BenDoverFL Wrote: [ -> ]2023-07-31 02:27:24.918 T:4756  WARNING <general>: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'Z:\Downloads\TV Shows\James May's Cars Of The People\' does not exist - skipping scan.
And what is that supposed to tell me?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I've had a similar issue in the past, get rid of ' in the folder name, also don't have any in filenames either, you also want to avoid any letters with accents. Give that a try and see if it fixes your problem