Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange bug in the GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'd be very grateful for any advice if anyone knows or maybe you've encountered this before. 

I don't know exactly since which version, but probably since version 11.x I'm facing a strange bug within Rapier skin. When trying to open some dialog box, the UI "freezes". To be more precise - the system is still running, it's accessible via the network and if I use the remote I hear a sound like I do in Kodi by default, but the UI is "frozen" and nothing happens. The only thing I am able to do about it is to trigger a restart of the Kodi process. The problem always appears, for example, when trying to open the IPTV Simple PVR addon settings, sometimes when trying to change the audio track in video, but never when turning on or changing the subtitle language. 

When trying to find some clue I searched for anything interesting in kodi.log, but I don't see anything there, maybe just these three lines and then nothing:

T:524479 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogAddonInfo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
T:524479 info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSelect.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
T:524479 warning <general>: CGUIWindowManager - HandleAction - ignoring action 2, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running

Unfortunately, I have no idea whether these errors are somehow related to the problem I described above.

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice,
Martin
I should add that I use Kodi from Libreelec 11.0.3 as a base and that Rapier Skin is version 13.0.14.
But I have been dealing with this problem since Libreelec 11.x and Kodi v20.x.
This bug drives me crazy sometimes. For example, now I wanted to change the font to Arial in the skin settings in Kodi (to support Central Europe characters) and I'm just not able to do it. As soon as I hover over the Arial item in the menu and confirm it (and even in the Rapier configuration, in settings.xml, I can see that the change hasn't been registered), what I described above happens and that's it - the only way forward is to restart Kodi.
The strange thing is that I keep hearing Kodi sounds as if everything is working properly, but nothing actually happens.
The same thing always happens, for example, when I try to change the subtitle settings within the YouTube addon.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, many thanks in advance!