Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change color of focused controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried literally all the skins in the Kodi repository and this is the only skin that has the best options and performance.
Amber is slow in Videos and Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded has a bug with folder.jpg for example. Everyone has a problem except this.

The only thing that is not great is the color of controls and highlighted controls.
It is like gray and white and you can't see which button is selected although that I'm using the Orange preset.

I think the focused button should be the same color as in the theme, like orange in my case and not white.
(2023-08-03, 01:40)Zodler Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried literally all the skins in the Kodi repository and this is the only skin that has the best options and performance.
Amber is slow in Videos and Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded has a bug with folder.jpg for example. Everyone has a problem except this.

The only thing that is not great is the color of controls and highlighted controls.
It is like gray and white and you can't see which button is selected although that I'm using the Orange preset.

I think the focused button should be the same color as in the theme, like orange in my case and not white.

You should be able to change it using the color customizer. Not 100% sure what you mean but if I am correct in my assumption choosing a color for Highlight in the general section should be what you are looking for.

and... I apparently need to fix those descriptions cause they are not accurate Oo
By controls I mean what you call OSD buttons. You have an option to move them to top.

The buttons for STOP, PLAY, PAUSE, FORWARD ....

They have the worst colors possible, like white on gray when focused and you can't see what button is selected.

Changing the Highlight color does not change the color of those buttons selected.
I'm surprised this has not been worked on or commented from day one. It's a very basic thing. It's even hard to see for the young people. Just hit play/pause, the color of the selected button is not visible that much. It's like light gray.
This is how your skin looks like :

By the way, Pause is highlighted if you can't tell!