Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Player OSD - movie information button not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

When I'm watching a movie and enter the Video Player OSD, the movie information button does not work for me. When I click/press it, nothing happens and the play/pause button becomes the active/selected button.

Maybe I've disabled or not (yet) installed some plugin or I made some stupid settings choice somewhere along the way...

Any idea what I'd have to install/change/set for the movie information button in the Video Player OSD to work?

Thanks so much.
have you downloaded the service.library.data.provider and set "info button opens video info dialog" in full screen/OSD settings to yes?
Didn't have service.library.data.provider. That was it. Now the info button gets me a new *fullscreen* video info screen.
Depending on the remote button I press: simple pausing displays a short plot summary and some basic information (name, media flags, season, episode...), after 1-2 seconds, while another remote button gets me the usual videp playback OSD with the buttons subtitles, bookmark, info, audio/video settings. Nice.
Thanks a lot for your help.