Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Separate Actions for Movie vs Episode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to figure out any way to have separate play actions for movies vs episodes?

I'd like to be able to get the information screen on movies, but play on episodes. I'd like to accomplish this because when I click on a movie I want the information for actors and such, but not when loading episodes. I realize I could hit (i) on a keyboard for the information screen, but I often use my phone as a remote and it's a few extra steps to do that.

Does anyone know of a way to do this with keymap editor or anything else?

Here are the steps to get to the current setting I'm referencing:
Kodi Settings > Media > VIDEOS > Default Select Action > 'Show Information'

I'm running Kodi 20.2 on Android OS using a Fire Cube (3rd Gen) with the official kodi remote on my phone and sometimes using the physical Fire Cube remote. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
At the add-on level it is pretty easy to hack but it requires setting your default action in Kodi to be "Select". -- Then when the addon gets the callback to do the play action it checks whether the info dialog is already open and executes the "Action(Info)" command if it isn't (or plays normally if it is). Being a hack though, it will likely result in unusual behaviour in some scenarios -- e.g. if you accidentally moved to a new item or bumped the mouse etc. before the plugin triggered the action. Probably would also have weird behaviour for playlists and next button