Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi won't play videos or music with left-click or enter, after win11 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, after updating Windows yesterday to version 22H2 22621.2134 clicking videos or songs does nothing.
I can right click and start them by using "play using..." and choosing VideoPlayer, but (default) is not working.

I'm using Kodi version 20.2.0 and the Aeon Nox Silvo skin, although I tried other skins and they have the same issue.
I've reinstalled kodi and tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions, no luck.
I can't undo the windows update unfortunately, in the recovery menu "go back" is no longer available it says. I reinstalled .net as the windows update was a .net update, and did a sfc /scannow that fixed errors.

I can't really see any errors in the kodi log with my limited knowledge, besides scraping issues. 

I noticed the following folder is emtpy C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\players\VideoPlayer
Could that be a reason?

Anyone have an idea what went wrong here? Thanks in advance.

log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/riraxesame.kodi
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Ah sorry I deleted all the addons but forgot the repos, I hope I found everything to delete now:

https://paste.kodi.tv/duqorumogi.kodi
Anyone that has an idea what i can try?
You have 730 issues with service.watchedlist v1.3.5 installed, you could eliminate that or fix the problem "tvshow ## has no tvdb-number" the solution is a proper re-scrape.

If you're going that far; I would further suggest a fresh installation in Portable mode (wiki) and a refresh of your library. It's likely that passed banned/illegal add-ons have corrupted the code pile & library, just removing the offender will not fix the damage. Note the link in my signature of 'Caution add-on you install'.
Agree time for a vanilla portable install.  If that works you can likely transfer some xml and databases over if you don't want to rebuild, then lastly start to install addons.

scott s.
Thank you the portable installation fixed the video playing issue.
Took the opportunity to move some folders from one hd to another and will rescrape everything so it's a clean install and not taking any problems from before.
Thread marked solved.