Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems going to windowed mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
CPU: Intel quad core 2.4
GFX: Asus 9800GTX
Drivers: Latest drivers as of today

Full screen work perfectly but when i loaded into windowed i get the sound to show thats it work but it goes blank

I want to drag the windowed version to my 2nd display so i can have it full screen on the TV but cant seem to get it to work please help

As a second note once i have got it the second display how i make it load to that display every time please.
I forgot to mention that it runs in adminstator mode
Hi, I have a 3 monitor setup and would like for XBMC to always start in fullscreen mode on monitor 2, is this doable? I have tried using ultramon but I am not successful in making it fullscreen with this. Other than that I have to say great job, I love it so far!
Try setting the environment variable SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1. I have no damn clue where to do this in that thing microsoft calls an OS that you're running so that's going to take some additional googling on your part.
Jep, still can't get it to show up on my extended Desktop on my second screen, even though the switching between windowed and fullscreen mode has improved in Beta 1. Once I switch back to Fullscreen, XBMC gets displayed on my main screen, and my second one just goes black.

Isn't it about time to get someone onto this feature? Wink
Switching between modes is done with \ . You may have to alter the resolution in windowed mode the first time you switch to it.
Hi ...First Post

I Have my system setup with my computer in a spare room and the second display output going to the livingroom Tv.
When I was using VMC if i dragged the window to the second screen it woul always stay there ,Problem is I cant get fullscreen to work on second monitor it works if I drag the windowed screen but when reopen it goes back to screen1

The fix I found that works (for me at least) Get a copy of Ultramon, This great little app will allow you to create a shortcut to xbmc and tell it which screen to start on.
This did work but what worked better was to tell ultramon to switch screen2 with screen1 so now my livingroom screen is screen1 when I click the shortcut for Ultramon. It also switches back when you exit xbmc.

I also set up a shortcut link with translator so I can do all this from the livingroom seamlessly.

Hope this helps
Regards
Andy
i used to use ultramon...but seriously, we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party program to get XBMC to do something it should do straight out of the box.

there needs to be a option somewhere in the appearance menus that simply lets you choose which screen it defaults to.

i won't be using XBMC until this is fixed or someone shows an easy way to fix this.
Yea I know its not ideal but its not that hard to setup and it only need done once.

A screen selection option would be nice in the options settings but im sure the devs are working on other more important issues.

Regards
Andy
aka setting your secondary screen to primary?

because i game on this computer also and that would be problematic.
also i said screw it and installed ultramon...under my shortcut properties i set it to start on screen 2...yet it still starts on screen 1.

i can get it to start on screen 2 in windowed mode but then i have that crappy border.
hi
Right click on the xbmc shortcut select properties then ultramon display
Use custom settings and select you second display and tick primary.
I also use my pc for gaming but when you exit xbmc the displays will swap back to your original display settings

Regards
Andy
I also use ultramon. What i did was creating a shortcut for XBMC fullscreen and with ultramon force it to play in 2nd display. Only thing is that this requires me to go the PC room every time a want to run XBMC and click on that specific shortcup.

Tv is set to 1280*720 and XBMC to 720p.

Also have XBMC running from MCE remote green botton but that runs in the 1st display only Sad

Works well but a build in away of forcing XBMC to run -fs in a 2nd display would be awsome.Nod
Xbs08
If your using ir server suite you can create a shortcut to launch xbmc using translator.
This is the way I set my system up so never need to go to the other room to start or exit xbmc

Andy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10