Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with case when scanning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help as this is driving me insane and it makes no logical sense.

I've got a very large library and everything has been going fine, however I have just started to get an issue that has never happened before and doesn't make sense, I'll try and explain everything I've done so far.

I have got a video file with the name "S02E04 Fathers In Law.mkv" and an nfo file with the name "S02E04 Fathers In Law.nfo". When I scan the TV show to add episodes it adds it but when highlighted it doesn't show the file info such as resolution etc and when trying to play it a message pops up saying that it is no longer available. (This got me confused for a couple of minutes as other episodes above it play fine). After looking around I found under information that it had scanned the file name in as "S02E04 Fathers in law.mkv", the I for in was lower case. 

I removed it from the library, changed the physical file names of both video and nfo to have a small I, rescanned and the episode plays.
I removed it again, changed the physical names back to having the capital I, rescanned and same problem, it scanned in with a lower case I again and doesn't work.

I then tried by changing the word. I removed from the library, changed the physical file names to "S02E04 Fathers Ing Law", re-scanned. It scans in fine with the capital I and works. I removed from the library, removed the g from the physical file names, rescanned and it scanned in with the lower case I again.

It does not make sense, it has done it with another episode in the same season with the word "Than". Also episode 1 in the same season has an "In" within the file name and it had no issues with the case for that one.

I know it's not a major issue at the moment as I could just change the case of the actual files to what's scanned in but I don't understand why it's happening. And if it starts happening more it's going to be a real pain having to check the file names that are scanned in and do loads of manual edits.

Has anyone had the same issue or know what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
J