Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Backup Poster Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering, I did a complete backup of my media today, Movies and TV, and noticed that all my posters that were 2000x3000, have been overwritten by Kodi at 480x720.
While it is too late to save them, I was wondering if it is possible to have them backed up at the original size. My artwork that I have done for TVDB and TMDB has always been 2000x3000. 480x720 would not be accepted by these sites as the resolution is too low for HD.
TIA
From the wiki, you can add this to your advancedsettings file:

"Using <imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size."

That cached artwork is what is backed up.  If you don't have this tags, the default cached resolution is smaller.  When backing up my library, I tend to run one backup just for my nfo files that overwrites what's there and one backup that includes image files but doesn't overwrite anything that already exists.
GDay, and thanks for that info.

just to make sure I have it right, here is my advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <setting>
    <imageres>9999</imageres>
    <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
    <setting>
</advancedsettings>

I think thats right, but you never know...?
Note: Using <imageres>9999</imageres> and <fanartres>9999</fanartres> will allow caching artwork at original size. advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

You have it right.l
Great Stuff, Thanks For That.
(2023-08-25, 03:57)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <setting>
    <setting>
</advancedsettings>
Sh#t, I wasn't going to get involved in this thread, for reasons previously mentioned, but that code is wrong.
It should be this...
xml:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
</advancedsettings>

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ry_artwork
I Don't know what the hell your problem is with me Karellen? I would love to discuss it with you in private of course. if you will PM me. 

Regardless thank you for the correction, it is much appreciated.

Oz