Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi incredible slow reproducing videos on ADD ON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Was wondering what can be causing this.

Im using RCB add on. It can use videos to playback on a window. Since addon is pretty much abandoned, I have no other option than ask here. Videos are 5 to 10MB. Most are mp4.

When you cycle through game list, a video play on a window on every game. But it takes a lot of time to load every video. Which makes the list impossible to navigate.

Any ideas what can be causing this? I noticed sometimes it doesnt get that slow and will stay that way until you launch kodi again. But most of the times this problem persist. Videos are stored on a seconday HDD, but happens with every HDD I tried.

With incredible slow I mean like 5 to 10 seconds to start playback of every video. Which makes impossible to navigate, will hang on every game listed for that time (it doesnt happen if disable video playback)

-Skin has this code to play videos:

<onfocus condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(autoplayvideomain)) +

String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(gameplaymain))">PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Property(gameplaymain)],1)</onfocus>

https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionb...3b652839c7

Im using Kodi 20.2 but dont think is related to 20.2 only.

Windows 11.