Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Omega alpha 2 doesn't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to run it portably with the -p comment in the shortcut.
I try the shortcut but the kodi app doesnt start. 
What gives?
bump
In the shortcut do you have something like this in the target "C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi\kodi.exe -p" no caps, and a space before the -p? and some thing like this "C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi" in the start from? In the same properties menu, check compatibility and ensure your system. If yes to all these with no joy, there might be a user log?
(2023-09-02, 18:40)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]In the shortcut do you have something like this in the target "C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi\kodi.exe -p" no caps, and a space before the -p? and some thing like this "C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi" in the start from? In the same properties menu, check compatibility and ensure your system. If yes to all these with no joy, there might be a user log?
"C:\Program Files\Kodi20Alpha2\kodi.exe" -p
"C:\Program Files\Kodi20Alpha2"
I am on windows 11 x64.
There doesnt seem a log. i searched the directory at .log
From the wiki :-> Another folder or hard drive on your computer where standard users have write permission (e.g. not under Program Files) Portable mode (wiki)

Throw the folder into the root... or some other location; I don't think the quotation marks are needed and drag the short cut to the desktop.

Log will be something like C:\Kodi-Omega\Kodi\portable_data\kodi.log
That location is usually not writable. Your user account must have full access to the "Target" directory, where the portable data will go.
So install Kodi to a directory that your user account has full access to.