Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can one prevent automatic Movie Sets (Collection) creations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An example:

Aquaman (2018) is part of the DCU Extended Universe. When the library gets updated, a Aquaman Collection is automatically and that title is added to the collection.

I do have the Show movie sets option enabled, so that e.g. all the Harry Potter movies are grouped in a collection which gets displayed when selecting the Harry Potter Collection.

Now I assume that if I disable that option, it won't happen? If so, how do I get the movies which are part of a collection to display together?
Disabling the option to show single-entry movie sets will at least prevent those individual movies from showing up as sets.  Otherwise, it's either sets are on or off.  Depending on how many movies you're adding how often, it might be easy enough to just remove the collections you don't want as you add movies.  You can either delete the set from the Movie Sets list or select the individual movie and change its movie set to none.
(2023-09-03, 15:27)NeoCortex Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling the option to show single-entry movie sets will at least prevent those individual movies from showing up as sets.  Otherwise, it's either sets are on or off.  Depending on how many movies you're adding how often, it might be easy enough to just remove the collections you don't want as you add movies.  You can either delete the set from the Movie Sets list or selection the individual movie and change its movie set to none.
Thank you.

So if I remove a collection from the Movie Sets list, e,g, Aquaman, it won't get recreated when the library updates next?
It is important to understand that the designation for 'sets' are placed by the scraper and stored in the .nfo data. Change scraper settings to effect change for new scrapes.
(2023-09-03, 16:31)DoctorJellybean Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-03, 15:27)NeoCortex Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling the option to show single-entry movie sets will at least prevent those individual movies from showing up as sets.  Otherwise, it's either sets are on or off.  Depending on how many movies you're adding how often, it might be easy enough to just remove the collections you don't want as you add movies.  You can either delete the set from the Movie Sets list or selection the individual movie and change its movie set to none.
Thank you.

So if I remove a collection from the Movie Sets list, e,g, Aquaman, it won't get recreated when the library updates next?

Right.  Although if you add a new movie that is part of that set (Aquaman 2) to the library, it will re-create the Set with just Aquaman 2 in it.  Then you can just delete the set again.  That's basically the way I do my library since there are some Movie Sets that I do want in my library, but some that I don't.  I just remove the Sets that I don't want there.