Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Boot up fails on XBMC Live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can boot to the CD containing XBMC, and I get the options to install and type of graphics card (Nvidia in my case). I choose install to USB and Nvidia, and I then get the XBMC splash screen with orange Linux progress bar. The bar goes back and forth a few times, and then I get a black screen with a flashing cursor prompt. Nothing further happens. I tried this several times with the same result, and the same thing happens when I try to just run it off the CD. I have an AMD Athlon 3500 w/ 2 gigs of RAM and an Nvidia e-GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB, so I think it's not a hardware issue. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
instead of choosing 1,2,3,0 try typing "safe" without quotes press enter and see if your stuck in a loop for scd0,1,2,3 device problem
I am getting the scd0,1,2,3 loop error, despite the cdrom being in /dev/hda. I think it's an ubuntu issue, but I can't find any information concerning it.
unfortunately i am also getting this sd0,1,2,3 loop error when trying with starting from a usb stick (i copied every files into the syslinux folder and renamed isolinux.cfg into syslinux.cfg).

I will try it today with an external cd-rom drive (because my ASUS S5N does not have any), maybe this works.
Same problem here. When I choose Ati/AMD graphics or install to USB it stops at a black screen with blinking cursor. Choosing the 'safe' option brings it to the 'Checking device /dev/scd0 for installation source...' loop.
ANy ideas on how to get around this?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Graphics: onboard Ati Radeon HD
CPU: Athlon X2 BE-2400
Optical Drive: PATA Pioneer DVR-111D
Nevermind, I got it to work by booting with an external drive (Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive). Installing to UBB now! w00t!
bug found, see here.
Hmmm i think all my my issues relate to IDE/PATA interface drivers... ill double check and be back Tongue