Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No HDR10+ on Dune HD Real Vision 4K Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
After tweaking a week on Dune HD Real Vision 4K Plus (which costed a lot to me due to custom taxes), I could get it Working with the latest Kodi. Got TrueHd with atmos (Google TV hasn't), but the only point I couldn't is HDR10+. As Dune shows it in many places, that their product supports it.
Contacted Dune support after a long time:
Quote:Hello,
sorry for the late reply
Real Vision 4K Plus supports HDR 10+. If Kodi can`t play HDR 10+ then we`d recommend to send email to Kodi`s support. we are not responsible for the operation of third-party applications.

Please don't hesitate to reply to this email if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Svetlana 
Dune HD
All my media database is based on Kodi. Nowadays we face a problem: Shield has TrueHd with atmos, but no HDR10+, GoogleTv has HDR10+ but no TrueHD with atmos. And now I bought dune, as they advertised it, but had no idea about this.
Kodi is great, and I cannot, abandon this multi-platform player. So I ask for help.
Thank you.
Does your TV support HDR10+?

Post a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Yes, the Tv, supports HDR10+, also does, the receiver. Cause I still have GoogleTV, and when I play HDR10+ movies, like "A man called Otto", a big info "HDR 10+" Appears on Tv, coming from receiver. All the handshake process got success. Everything passes through the receiver, to tv.
Sorry but this is not a problem, it appears as HDR10, but no HDR10+, on Dune HD. How can I replicate if is not a problem?

Edit: I'll play the movie then, and get the log. Maybe it help, as all the actions maybe go to log? When I get home will send here. Thanks
@mhvf, Dune is wrong. I've tried two different Dune HD Real Vision 4K Plus units and HDR10+ does not work... it's only passed as base HDR. This is whether you're using Kodi or the native player. Tried several different combinations of options in Settings. If you try this HDR10+ dynamic metadata test clip, you see it fails to show brightness & contrast changes.

Zidoo Z9X, which uses the same Realtek 1619DR SoC plays HDR10+ properly, as does their latest Z9X Pro that utilizes the 1619BPD SoC.
Here is the requested Log.
had some work but we are advancing haha

Click for Log

or

https://paste.kodi.tv/ogoqesiqot.kodi

fingers crossed

Edit: @Hitcher
@hdmkv 
after I updated to the last firmware, I coud get Hdr10+, I was happy. They are talking the truth, it can, but... it was their internal player. I have a whole local library with metadatas and etc, their library don't even has support to portuguese, or the filename of Kodi... But their internal player do everything they said...
You sure? Can you please try that metadata test clip I posted a link to?
(2023-09-07, 00:18)mhvf Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the requested Log.
had some work but we are advancing haha

Click for Log

or

https://paste.kodi.tv/ogoqesiqot.kodi

fingers crossed

Edit: @Hitcher

Your logs show the display doesn't support HDR10+:
Quote:Display supported HDR types: HLG HDR10 Dolby Vision

Not much to do about it on Kodi's side, it just uses the standard Android APIs to get the info.
I am not crazy, hehe, here is the proof of their internal player:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Maybe they have two O.S's? Is a very powerful media player...

Soon the receiver info video. (My home is humble)
I see HDR10+ indication on my AVR, but not my display, and the metadata test fails.
@hdmkv
There is a picture I added later, in the metadata test video you sent.
The picture taken with my smartphone shows correctly... I don't know then when is a real HDR10+. Until today everything corresponded correctly on my devices with the file. It delivers, there is no sense make an electronic that shows one thing and is not true...

But...
I need(ed?) help with kodi support, as said with DuneHd team, to enable HDR10+, but as a friend said here, the enabled android on DuneHD, has no support, only to HDR10.
Maybe the dune system is different from kodi android os, is an explanation?
End of the story:
After no help, I bought a Zidoo Z9X Pro, after researching. In the future, the most wanted Kodi Box, the Vero V, is gonna crush the market. But Zidoo makes everything I need, with ZDMC based on Kodi. Fantastic.

Thanks for everyone.

#Please, moderator, Close Topic#
(2023-09-22, 19:40)mhvf Wrote: [ -> ]End of the story:
After no help, I bought a Zidoo Z9X Pro, after researching. In the future, the most wanted Kodi Box, the Vero V, is gonna crush the market. But Zidoo makes everything I need, with ZDMC based on Kodi. Fantastic.

Thanks for everyone.

#Please, moderator, Close Topic#
Those are the two boxes I'm looking at.  I see the Vero V is in stock and available for order in the US now.  I almost jumped on the Zidoo Z20X Pro, but I'm seeing lots of issues with their latest firmware (smb, recognizing external drives, etc).  So, leaning Vero V now.

Ready to dump the Shield (no HDR10+).