Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to properly import a libray (multiple files method)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I using Kodi on multiple platforms at home and store my files on my NAS

I configure the main setup properly, scrapped the whole thing and export library in multiple files (as you guys do not recommend single file)

Now i'm looking to import that in another setup but i'm wondering how to do it properly:

- Should i configure kodi to use a provider (tmdb in my case) and update library
- Or should I set it to "local information only" for that first llibrary update?

What the best move to do?

Thanks if you can help Smile

Paul.
i would recommend when first setting up the sources on the second machine to set the content to "Local Information Only" then perform a scan

after everything has been scraped from the NFOs change the content to TMDB so only new information is scanned from TMDB

if you intend to keep a single machine updating the information then simply keeping the second as local only will do the job but will require exports every time something is updated on the first machine

purely opinion based as it can be debatable what the "best" method is per user
thank you, that's what i had in mind.

Not sure if using tmdb in that case will search and download all the information again or simply add what's in the folders
(2023-09-07, 21:12)stunty999 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if using tmdb in that case will search and download all the information again or simply add what's in the folders

it is "supposed to" prioritize NFOs over scraping but i can't say with confidence it really does so i am also unsure

that's why when in this situation i just scan the NFOs first, it's more of a control thing or an OCD thing than anything tangible
Thank you agin, that's what I am doing right now. Seems to work just great!
you're welcome Smile
Hi, another possible option to consider would be depending on if you wanted to retain the same watched states, stop on one device and resume on another etc.. would be to store your library remotely on your NAS. That way you update one and all devices are updated.