Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes when launched in kids profile on Google TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I bought my son a new TV with Google TV. If I run Kodi on it under my profile, it starts up fine. But if I start Kodi under the kids profile, it starts to load, I confirm all the required permissions and then ... the application crashes. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks. Petr
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... Debug Log

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the reply. I understand. Unfortunately. It is not possible to turn on logging directly in Kodi, because Kodi will not start in the kids profile. And on Google TV (Android 11) access to Android/Data is disabled. I don't quite know how to get the log. I would appreciate any advice.
@vesi You could try installing the Kodi Log Uploader addon and then turn on debug logging while using your own profile in Kodi and then quit Kodi. Now switch profiles and try starting Kodi and let it crash. Now switch profiles again and open Kodi and then upload the kodi.log.old by selecting the option in the addon settings of the Kodi Log Uploader addon and once enabled, you will need to upload the current kodi.log, then upload the kodi.old.log and then post the generated link to the kodi.old.log here which should be the crash log. It should work doing it this way I believe.
Hi. Thanks. I probably wouldn't have done this myself without advice. Here is the log. I hope I managed to record what is falling.
(2023-09-12, 17:16)vesi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Thanks. I probably wouldn't have done this myself without advice. Here is the log. I hope I managed to record what is falling.

This seems to be the log where you are enabling debug logging and then exiting the application yourself afterwards.

Did you follow the directions in the right order? After enabling debug logging you switch profile and then make Kodi crash and then switch profiles again to upload the Kodi Old Log Smile
I tried to do it exactly according to your procedure. But maybe I made a mistake somewhere. I will try to record again.
(2023-09-12, 18:34)vesi Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to do it exactly according to your procedure. But maybe I made a mistake somewhere. I will try to record again.

Don’t forget the step to enable Kodi Old Log upload in the settings of the Kodi Log Uploader.
I did it exactly according to the following procedure.
1) I started logging Kodi in my profile
2) I switched the profile to the child profile and started Kodi
3) After Kodi crashed, I went back to my profile and uploaded via Uploader
But I feel that the log is not being recorded from the child profile.
Here is the log
(2023-09-12, 19:13)vesi Wrote: [ -> ]I did it exactly according to the following procedure.
1) I started logging Kodi in my profile
2) I switched the profile to the child profile and started Kodi
3) After Kodi crashed, I went back to my profile and uploaded via Uploader
But I feel that the log is not being recorded from the child profile.
Here is the log

You may be right as I can see you using the Kodi Logfile Uploader in the log you just posted. You have the option enabled “post the old log from the last time Kodi ran” enabled right? Also just to be sure you could do the procedure a final time and post both logs new and old after enabling the old log feature of the addon.
[font]Yes, I am allowed. I also sent the second log, but it seems to me that it does not contain anything interesting.[/font]
@vesi I’m not sure if the crash log option of the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon works on Android now, but if not maybe someone else here can chip in and help you find the cause of the issue. Are you able to grant any permissions to Kodi while in the kids profile mode?
(2023-09-13, 07:38)SoulReaver Wrote: [ -> ]maybe someone else here can chip in and help you find the cause of the issue

simply not enough information to work with
[font]Díky za snahu. Bohužel tento případ je pravděpodobně poměrně specifický. Budu doufat, že jedna z aktualizací to časem opraví.[/font]
Thanks for the effort. Unfortunately, this case is probably quite specific. I will be hoping that one of the updates will fix this in time.