Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add smart playlist to home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Through iterations of versions of Kodi, my home screen has stayed the same. I was playing with options and messed up one of my Home menu options, and can't return it to previous state.

Currently running the most recent version of SILVO on LibreElec 11.0.1, Kodi 20.1

When I browse into Playlists, it only lists the item Playlists, doesn't let me browse into them. It also lists skin playlists.

https://imgur.com/aaECQwA

I also tried to modify the ./16x9/script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file to duplicate an existing menu item, but as soon as I saved and changed the screen on my Kodi instance, it rebuilt the home screen.
For those interested, I sorted it out.

Copy the playlists local, comment out the redirection in advancedsettings.xml, then set up the home screen.

Afterwords, re-enable the redirection. Delete the local playlists if you like, irrelevant at this point.
For most people, adding a smart playlist to 'favourites' or making a node of it works fine.