Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jump to end of video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I browsed through the Wiki looking for a keyboard control that would allow one to jump to the end of the video, and I can't find one.  During various management operations, it would be really great to be able to press a single key and get KODI to jump to, say, 1 minute before the end of the video.  Going to 32X FF and waiting several minutes or hitting > dozens of times is tiresome, to say the least.
For what reason?
Well, a few different ones.  Many .srt files do not have sync times that match up acceptably well to the movie, so need to be edited.  The subtitle manager addon (Sublissimo) works fairly well if the subtitle file is not too vastly messed up, but often working with it requires targeting the last subtitle in the video.  This often requires skipping to near the end of the video.  Sublissimo does have a feature that jumps to the timestamp of the last subtitle, but this often does not work.

Another reason I very frequently want to jump to the end of the video to see the credits while creating or editing the metafiles for the video or managing artwork.  I do this all the time.

Sometimes I or a member of my household will just want to see the credits.

Sometimes one of us will have fallen asleep before the end of the video, and wants to go back to the last ten minutes or so.  Starting at the end of the video makes it much faster and easier than starting at the beginning.
I presume your media does not have chapters or this would be a strange question. You could adjust the duration of your skip steps in order to cut down the number of button presses needed. You'd still need to navigate to the end manually, though.

skip steps - wiki
Most do not have chapters, correct.  A few do, but off the top of my head, I could never tell you which.

I suppose I could set the skip size to 15 minutes, or some such, but that's not quite ideal.
You could use this to seek to a specific time mark https://kodi.wiki/view/Skip_steps#Skip_t..._time_mark
Hmm.  Yeah, that would work.