Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How exclude videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I did this a few years back and re setting up KODI since I moved everything to a NAS instead of a bunch of drives.  Things have worked fine for what we do as we have a couple thousand movies.   I used the standard movies category and added a movie play list called "Kids Movies".  I used a playlist to create "Kids Movies" and all that showed were the kids movies that I have in their own folder.  For some reason, and I cant remember if this was the case or not, the kids movies also show in the main movies category.  I dont want to see them there at all and just to keep them separate.  I did the same thing with the Kids TV.  I also dont want them to show in the regular TV Shows category. 

Did I do this correctly years back or am I losing my mind and this is not possible.  I just dont remember seeing the kids stuff with the regular movies/tv shows.
You have to create another Smart Playlist to exclude the kids movies and add that to the main menu.
Either replace the rule in the existing Movie menu item with the new smart playlist, or create a new "Movies" menu item and disable the existing one.
Ahhh  thats probably what I did.  So I just created the exclusion play list, but how or where do I add it to the standard movies category?  When I created the new category "Kids Movies" I was able to give the path there for the smart play list.  I dont see that option for the standard movies category.

Thanks
(2023-09-30, 22:13)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]but how or where do I add it to the standard movies category? 
Looks like you can't, having a quick look.

First, Hide the existing Movie item in Skin Settings>Home>Hide Categories
Then, create a new Movie menu item just like you created the Kids menu item and use the exclude smart playlist.
If its the same way to create a new category, there is a problem that I have found that I am not concerned with Kids movies, but needed with the "Movies" category.  The ability to use the "Library" drop down is disabled with play lists so I can not use the built in sort feature there which we use.  Mainly the sets and recently added is what we use.
(2023-09-30, 22:33)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]The ability to use the "Library" drop down is disabled
The sub-menu?
Probably best to wait for @Gade to advise if it is possible as I am not sure.
OK  I will wait.  I would hope this is easy.  I would think I just have to have movies category not scrape a specific folder like its set up in the play list.
While waiting, Do you know if there is an easy way to make movie sets open into icon view while the main library is in wall view?  Right now I have to go into each set and manually change it to icon from wall
just a bump to see if there is an answer
I never did get a response on this question.  Anyone have an idea?
(2023-10-01, 00:24)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]While waiting, Do you know if there is an easy way to make movie sets open into icon view while the main library is in wall view?  Right now I have to go into each set and manually change it to icon from wall
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe @Gade can advise.