Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Customizing menus and widgets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried Aeon Nox Silvo skin. Normally, I do not like the Horizontal menus and prefer the Vertical menus in any skins. For this, I have 2 requests to modify the skin in vertical mode.

1) It has only 2 widgets. Can I add more widgets? If not, how can I use Autowidgets (or any other way) to display more than 2 widgets? 
2) Sub-menus are hidden on the left side of the main menus. Is there a way to display sub-menus on the right side of the main menus (not hidden)? So there will be 3 columns on the screen - Main menus (left), Sub-menus (center) and Widgets display (right). 

Yes you can use autowidgets to create the effect of more than 2 widgets.

Set up in autowidgets a cycling widget and use that as one of the widgets for a main menu item AND in the same main menu item set up a sub menu item which refreshes the cycling widget.  It is a bit complicated but I think if you go onto the autowidgets thread in the Kodi forum there should be some posts explaining how to do it.

In theory you can have more than 2 widgets in vertical mode with Silvio skin but that requires extensive reworking of the xmls.  It would be an interesting exercise to do (but really complex) but tbh you would find it easier to use a different skin for this - I use the old Horizon skin on my TV for exactly that reason
Can all be done by altering the code in the relevant xml files.
(2023-10-14, 23:13)justin150 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can use autowidgets to create the effect of more than 2 widgets.

Set up in autowidgets a cycling widget and use that as one of the widgets for a main menu item AND in the same main menu item set up a sub menu item which refreshes the cycling widget.  It is a bit complicated but I think if you go onto the autowidgets thread in the Kodi forum there should be some posts explaining how to do it.

In theory you can have more than 2 widgets in vertical mode with Silvio skin but that requires extensive reworking of the xmls.  It would be an interesting exercise to do (but really complex) but tbh you would find it easier to use a different skin for this - I use the old Horizon skin on my TV for exactly that reason
Where can I find the old Horizon skin to test? Do widgets load faster on this skin? Or do you know any other skins with vertical menus that load widgets faster?
(2023-10-15, 01:00)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Can all be done by altering the code in the relevant xml files.
Any tutorial available for this?
No am afraid not.
Check in the forum under skin archive section for the Horizon skin (note not Horizonz)