Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows: Plots displayed for "Titles" Category but not for Libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi Build 20.2(20.2.0).

In Favourites I have eight Entries as follows:

1. The Category "Titles" for Movies (Shows ALL my movies)
2. A Movie Library for Documentaries (Shows a subset of item 1. above)
3. A Movie Library for Grown-ups (Shows a subset of item 1. above)
4. A Movie Library for Kids (Shows a subset of item 1. above)
5. The Category "Titles" for TV Shows (Shows ALL my TV Shows)
6. A TV Show Library for Documentaries (Shows a subset of item 5. above)
7. A TV Show Library for Grown-ups (Shows a subset of item 5. above)
8. A TV Show Library for Kids (Shows a subset of item 5. above)

I use Local Information ONLY for all my libraries. I use Estuary on both my Windows Laptop and my Vero. My "GoTo" view is INFOWALL.

When I select items 1-4 above I get a listing of Movies and when I hover over the movie posters on the right pane, I get the title and description/plot)in the left pane.  ALL GOOD.
When I select item 5 above I get a listing of TV Shows and when I hover over the TV Show posters on the right pane, I get the title and description/plot in the left pane.  ALL GOOD.
When I select items 6-8 above I get a listing of TV Shows and when I hover over the TV Show posters on the right pane, I get the title and "No Information available" for the description/plot in the left pane.  NOT GOOD.

I find this strange as item 5 contains ALL my TV Shows and descriptions/plots are displayed (and I have verified that the descriptions/plots are all in the .nfo files).  Items 6-8 contain subsets of item 5 (i.e. the same TV Shows and the same .nfo files used by item 5) but fail to show descriptions/plots.

Does anyone know how I can get my items 6-8 to show descriptions/plots (in the left pane) when I hover over the TV Show posters in the right pane?

Thank you.
I am trying to replicate your post.

(2023-10-19, 23:55)NRJWallace Wrote: [ -> ]In Favourites I have eight Entries as follows:
I assume the entire post refers to Favourites only?

(2023-10-19, 23:55)NRJWallace Wrote: [ -> ]My "GoTo" view is INFOWALL.
That is not a view in Favourites.

(2023-10-19, 23:55)NRJWallace Wrote: [ -> ]When I select items 6-8 above I get a listing of TV Shows and when I hover over the TV Show posters on the right pane, I get the title and "No Information available" for the description/plot in the left pane.  NOT GOOD.
This is in Favourites?
What exactly have you added to Favourites? A playlist? A Source folder? Individiual tv shows?

I have tried replicating all those and the info displays for me. maybe you can post a screenshot or a small video showing the steps you used?
Thank you Karellen, apologies, it seems my terminology in my original post didn't help to make things clear - I'm fairly new to this and don't have all the right terms yet. I was about to send you screenshots as you asked but then I stumbled on the following which I believe is the exact same problem that I have and screen shots are provided. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337982

At the end of the thread in the link above, you said "I think the easiest thing to do (for both you and me) is to perform a Fresh Start and rebuild your library. I actually did this when I did a brand new set up (My initial set up was Windows and I did a brand new build on Vero)

Does the information in the link help explain my issue better and did you ever come across this issue again to where a solution was identified?

Thanks again for your very quick reply and interest.
(2023-10-20, 14:08)NRJWallace Wrote: [ -> ]I was about to send you screenshots as you asked but then I stumbled on the following which I believe is the exact same problem that I have and screen shots are provided. 
No that really doesn't help, as I still don't know what the exact problem was in that thread.

Can you provide a Debug Log that captures an Update Library. Then also tell us which shows did not scrape after you ran that.
OK, I found a resolution that works well on my Vero and in Windows.  Again, the issue is as follows: I have set up some Video Sources for TV Shows. With views such as Infowall, when browsing through the Video Sources on the right-hand pane, the plot does not appear on the left-hand pane.  Instead, "No Information available" appears. The problem does not happen with Movies, only TV Shows
The following resolved the problem.  I set up some Nodes that show the same TV Shows as the Video Sources and with the Nodes, the plot does appear on the left-hand pane.

Other information: I use the Estuary Skin and I use "Local Information Only". I replaced the TV Show Video Sources in my Favorites with the Nodes.

I hope this information is useful.
Thread marked solved.