Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems installing official addons in Kodi 20.2 Nexus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I just installed the latest version of Kodi and for some reason, I can’t download any addons from the official repository, not even the language pack. I suspect that Windows is blocking the links because it thinks they are insecure. When I try to download them manually from the official website, a warning appears that blocks the download and makes me confirm the “unsafe download”. Any help? Thanks in advance.
By the way the android version works perfectly.
It does sound like a windows/anti-virus issue, but turning on debug-level logging in Kodi, attempting to install an addon from Kodi repo, and then uploading kodi.log to paste.kodi.tv will provide more to work with.  Note that Kodi files are mirrored to various sites, so a problem might be site-specific.  Kodi log can help sort that out.

scott s.
(2023-10-24, 00:03)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]paste.kodi.tv

https://paste.kodi.tv/uyujudabuy.kodi
I've tried to stop the AV protection and it did not work.
I've tried to install it in other pc, in other location and I still have the same issue... so neither my pc or my internet are the problem.
Quote: When I try to download them manually from the official website, a warning appears that blocks the download and makes me confirm the “unsafe download”

Why are you not installing the addons directly from within Kodi using the Kodi repo? Or is this what you are doing and I'm reading this wrong?
(2023-10-24, 18:43)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: When I try to download them manually from the official website, a warning appears that blocks the download and makes me confirm the “unsafe download”

Why are you not installing the addons directly from within Kodi using the Kodi repo? Or is this what you are doing and I'm reading this wrong?
No, my problem is that I can't install the addons from Kodi itself. When I try, a message pops up saying Installation Failed. My intention in writing that is to try to give more information about what my problem may be. I suspect that Windows detects the website where the official repo addons are hosted as insecure. In fact, I have added other repositories and I can install third-party addons without problems.
Somehow the problem is just gone! Maybe it was a server fail or maintenance? I can download now any addon and dependency with no problem! Thank you to Scott and Dangelus for their awnsers!
Some fetch gliche "failed to resolve addon install source path"; glad it's fixed.

Thread marked solved.