Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set default audio and subtitles for all the items in a folder or playlist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I was wondering if i can set default audio and subtitles for all the items in a folder or playlist. For example i have a serie in a folder. This serie has 3 audios and 3 subtitles. In ever episode i have to change it manualli and its become me crazy.  There is an option that sais put this for the content. But in the next espidose is same default audio of the item. Also there is no spanish castelian [castellano] and spanish latin.
(2023-10-24, 00:30)neikos Wrote: [ -> ]become me crazy
Me too...

subtitle prefs are in settings>player>subtitle Subtitles (wiki)

You can set the default for subtitles always on, Various subtitle settings can be changed or they turned On/Off (default is on) via the OSD (On Screen Display) while watching a movie by selecting the subtitle menu or audio options. Then "subtitles" -> scroll down and select "save as default for all videos". If the video doesn't have a subtitle in the folder, none will play and you will have to use one of the subtitle add-ons to fetch it. While others may have another language as their default, or in some rare cases, the subtitle is added to the video screen and can not be manipulated.

Audio default is in settings>system>audio Audio (wiki)

Default audio once set should stay the way you set it, unless handshaking between output and input is lost/disrupted or not turned on; at which point Kodi will default and next launch will be in default mode unless reset. Moral of this story is always turn on your AVR & TV prior to launching Kodi to ensure proper handshake. Should your video have multiple audio formats, the internal default can be changed permanently with external programs like MKVmerge Supplemental tools (wiki)
There's also an addon (search forum for it) language preference manager you might check out.  I don't have a use for it, so never investigated how it works myself.

scott s.