Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Save gui settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed LiveXBMC CD to a 2gb USB stick and every time i reboot
the gui settings are back to virgin state

none of the changes ive made seems to stick

ive tried to ssh transfer my old userdata with my movie database
and sources.xml and that didnt work

have i missed something?
I had the same problem originally and it was because when it asked for what size to make the permanent storage file. I took none, once I changed this to the max (about 3 GB I have a 4 GB flash) everything works perfectly.
Thanks it worked like a charm Big Grin
i changed the permanent storage size to 1gb
I was wondering why, when creating the bootable USB, the user must select how many space to use. Isn't it obvious that it should take al available space, or am I missing something? At least it would be wise to give a linux noob user (like me Laugh ) a clue on what to choose.
I've had the same problem, but I had already created a permanent storage area on the flash card. However when I make customizations from within XBMC, specifically the default SMB user/pass/workgroup, it tells me I need to restart for the new network settings to take effect, I select "YES" and it stops XBMC and drops to a fluxbox window (without rebooting). After rebooting, all my customizations are gone.