Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does Aeon Nox Silvo support the "extrafanart" folder for each movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After fresh install from Liea to Nexus the Live backgrounds no longer cycle through the extrafanart.

Does Aeon Nox Silvo now longer support the "extrafanart" folder for each movie?
No, it uses the fanart1, fanart2 method...

https://github.com/MikeSiLVO/Aeon-Nox-Si...ml#L41-L62
Thank you for responding.

So I would need to move them out of extrafanart folder into their main movie folder and name them fanart1, fanart2 , etc?

video\Movies\2 Guns\fanart1.jpg
video\Movies\2 Guns\fanart2.jpg
video\Movies\2 Guns\fanart3.jpg

The limit is 20 files?

It also doesn't appear that extrathumbs is supported?
(2023-10-26, 01:50)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]So I would need to move them out of extrafanart folder into their main movie folder and name them fanart1, fanart2 , etc?
That is correct. You should be able to do that with a script or Bulk Rename Utility. Maybe Ember might do it also?

(2023-10-26, 01:50)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]The limit is 20 files?
For Aeon Nox Silvo skin it is. The fanartxx can be unlimited, but it needs to be coded into the skin. No skinner is going to code (as you see in the above link) hundreds of fanart, so most have settled on fanart + 20.

(2023-10-26, 01:50)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]It also doesn't appear that extrathumbs is supported?
No, that died off around v19.
Some of the older skins are still using it like Rapier, most likely because its easier to leave it there, rather than delete it and risk breaking something else.

What is thumbs in your context? Is it fanart type images with text? If yes, that is named landscape.jpg.

You should only use thumbs.jpg for episodes.

See image here and linked pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
Thumbs are just the same as fanart. Don't ask me why I have both, since it's been too many years ago that I implemented them.

Looks like Kodi support multiple fanart and poster files. Is it correct to assume that posters random cycle just like fanart?

Thanks for the education!
(2023-10-26, 04:41)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Kodi support multiple fanart and poster files. Is it correct to assume that posters random cycle just like fanart?
Yes they do... as long as the skin supports that. Aeon Nox Silvo does.
(2023-10-26, 05:14)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-26, 04:41)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Kodi support multiple fanart and poster files. Is it correct to assume that posters random cycle just like fanart?
Yes they do... as long as the skin supports that. Aeon Nox Silvo does.
Um, cycle through multiple art files?  Please elaborate.  In what way / under what conditions do they cycle?  Also, is there a detail on where each supported artwork type goes in Aeon Nox Silvo?  I see the list, but where each one goes in the UI is not clear to me.
(2023-10-26, 04:41)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]Thumbs are just the same as fanart.
Not really. It is a very old artwork type which has become confused in Kodi over the years and can refer to any artwork, depending on where the skinner chose to use it. If you have them it would be best if you delete them. Newer skins have done away with using it, but some older skins still have the code for it and you may get unexpected results.
The only place "thumb" should be used is for episodes.

(2023-11-14, 15:36)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Um, cycle through multiple art files?  Please elaborate.  In what way / under what conditions do they cycle? 
See image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork and also check tv show page.
Notice fanart, fanart1, fanart2 etc and poster, poster1, poster2 etc
If those files were present at the time you scanned your movie or tv show into the library, the the skin will rotate the artwork every x seconds. You can have up to 20 fanart/poster.

(2023-11-14, 15:36)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there a detail on where each supported artwork type goes in Aeon Nox Silvo
See the above wiki page.
(2023-11-14, 20:26)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ] 
(2023-11-14, 15:36)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Um, cycle through multiple art files?  Please elaborate.  In what way / under what conditions do they cycle? 
See image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork and also check tv show page.
Notice fanart, fanart1, fanart2 etc and poster, poster1, poster2 etc
If those files were present at the time you scanned your movie or tv show into the library, the the skin will rotate the artwork every x seconds. You can have up to 20 fanart/poster.
OK, so the extra files do nothing in the Sets directories?  Where does x get set?  In which screens do the files get cycled?  Both fanart and poster are used in multiple places.  Are they cycled in every screen where they appear?  I would expect not.
Quote:See the above wiki page.
The Wiki page does not answer my question, by a long shot.  It says which file types are used by sets, (poster, fanart, banner, clearart etc.), but not WHERE they get used in each skin - in this case Aeon Nox Silvo.  Which art type shows up in which screens and where on the screen?
(2023-11-15, 13:53)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]but not WHERE they get used in each skin
Yea, that will never be noted in the wiki. 20+ skins with around 40 views in each skin...

(2023-11-15, 13:53)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Which art type shows up in which screens and where on the screen?
You are just going to have to experiment and change views to see what is displayed.

(2023-11-15, 13:53)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so the extra files do nothing in the Sets directories? 
Sorry, not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to the Movie Set Information Folder?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
(2023-11-15, 19:14)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-15, 13:53)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]but not WHERE they get used in each skin
Yea, that will never be noted in the wiki. 20+ skins with around 40 views in each skin...
I figured that, which is why I asked here in a thread specific to Aeon Nox Silvo
Quote:You are just going to have to experiment and change views to see what is displayed.

Up to 40 views is a lot of testing.  I have done some, of course, but so far I have not found that any art types other than actor, poster, and fanart do anything.  I recognize the KODI Wiki is for general KODI reference, but it would be nice if each skin had its own documentation.
Quote:Sorry, not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to the Movie Set Information Folder?
Yes.  In fact, the Wiki even shows alternate poster and fanart media, but I have not been able to see that they do anything, at least not in Aeon Nox Silvo.
(2023-11-16, 00:44)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.  In fact, the Wiki even shows alternate poster and fanart media, but I have not been able to see that they do anything, at least not in Aeon Nox Silvo.
Were the fanart and posters there at the time of scanning into the library? If you have just plonked them into the folder and expected it to magically work, it won't. They need to be scanned into Kodi.

I am not sure why you are having problems seeing any other artwork. Here is an example video from my test install. Should show you what the rotating images look like...
https://streamable.com/54uqqr
(2023-11-16, 01:13)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-16, 00:44)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.  In fact, the Wiki even shows alternate poster and fanart media, but I have not been able to see that they do anything, at least not in Aeon Nox Silvo.
Were the fanart and posters there at the time of scanning into the library? If you have just plonked them into the folder and expected it to magically work, it won't. They need to be scanned into Kodi.
As far as I know, yes.  I deleted the movie sources and added them back.  Is there something else that needs to be done?  I'm not quite sure that is relevant to the movie set artwork, however.  It doesn't seem to affect the movie set artwork.
Quote:I am not sure why you are having problems seeing any other artwork. Here is an example video from my test install. Should show you what the rotating images look like...
https://streamable.com/54uqqr
Unless I am mistaken, isn't that an individual video?  My question was about video sets.  It would be far too much trouble to worry with multiple artwork files on individual videos.  Even working with multiple files on video sets is stretching it.  I have 100 sets, but thousands of videos.
(2023-11-17, 02:58)lesrhorer Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I am mistaken, isn't that an individual video?  My question was about video sets
Did you check at the end of the video?
Have you set up your Movie Set Information Folder that I pointed you to in a previous post.
Unfortunately, I give you info, but I get no feedback from you about it, you just move onto asking more questions.
Please have the courtesy of responding to the info I give you - "it worked, it didn't work, haven't tried yet, yes that's it, whatever..."
Ah, I see where my confusion is. This isn't your thread, you hijacked another thread.
In future, please start your own thread. The original poster of the thread was not asking about movie sets, but you are @lesrhorer
Pages: 1 2