Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Sets not work over 3 machines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have installed kodi 20.2 nexus x64 on 3 machines before writing here. In short, when I enable the ability to group films into collections (movie sets) this doesn't work. I read other threads and tried to uncheck movies are separated in different folder that match... (which was causing problems in a discussion) I have enabled file renaming and hidden file visibility I tried to see if there were .nfo files in the movies folder, but no .nfo files are messing up here. I tried putting the loose files in one folder like:
  • MOVIES FOLDER
    • movie1
    • movie2
    • movie3
I tried putting the files into folders:
  • MOVIES FOLDER
    • movie 1 folder
      • movie1
    • movie 2 foler
      • movie 2
    • movie 3 foler
      • movie 3
but nothing, when I enter the film screen, I always see independent films or if I put + films in a single folder I see an icon with the name of the film inside and the various films listed inside, but without information on the collection. I noticed that the manage menu doesn't even appear. So I can't create or manage movie sets manually. I installed kodi on 2 other machines to test and the situation is identical on all 3.
Sorry, this is my log -> https://paste.kodi.tv/ronimokigu.kodi
Sorry again, i can't edit my posts?

there are my 3 machines:

my system info:
Windows 11
CPU i7 9800X
32gb ram
RTX 2080
SSD 1tb

Windwos 11
CPU i7 4770
16gb ram
GTX 960
SSD 500gb

Nvidia Shield Pro with original android tv OS, and Kodi App installed from Official Google Play Store.
(2023-10-31, 15:04)tipotimido Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry again, i can't edit my posts?
You're account is still at newbie status, so that priv hasn't unlocked yet. It's a generic anti-spam measure we have in place here.

Anyway I got your other request, and have merged your posts together.
thanks.
Not sure where to start on this question, but I'll give it a go; others may jump in with a better view.

Keeping movies in their own folder of the same name with date is smart, keeps all artwork & meta-data easier to handle or extras, trailers etc.

On a scrape (try using the universal scraper under the 'movie information repository add-on' and configure it for Collection Artwork.) the sets information is grabbed from the meta-data web site. You need to scrape the movie before the set/collection information is added to the .nfo file (this is an internal Kodi file) to see the .nfo as a real file, you need to export your library in settings>media>library>export library [advanced or expert mode] as separate files and while you're at it in the same settings panel you will see the option to establish a sets folder for artwork, otherwise the artwork will be added to the first set folders.

Once you have a 'real' movie_name.nfo files with your movie_name.mkv, you can use your favourite editor to add 'sets and collections' manually if the scrape was faulty or done prior with another scraper.  Movie sets (wiki) or if a collection has started you can add to the set inside Kodi sets through the context menu.
(2023-10-31, 15:04)tipotimido Wrote: [ -> ]when I enable the ability to group films into collections (movie sets) this doesn't work.
The movies need to be listed as part of a set at the scraper site. So your Divergent Series is a set, but not Bablylon AD.
Can you create the log again. Delete the Divergent series movies from your library, run a Clean Lbrary then capture the scraping of the movies in a Debug Log and provide the log again.
Thanks