Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Never seen this issue in years of usage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to know if this is known and has an easy fix as I really dont wanna start fresh again.  So I have Kodi 20.2 and it has a an odd issue.  So everyday at 6:32pm if I am in Kodi the video goes black and ther sound continues for about 5 seconds and then video comes back and everything is fine. This does happen EVER day at same time 6:32pm but I have zero issues with anything else in Kodi and it plays perfect before and after.. It has done this since I installed 20.2 about 4 months ago I just never looked into it.  I just wanted to ask if this is something easy fix or not. I dont have the ability to run any logs right now as I am not home for a few weeks but wife has ok skills to change simplier things and no this is not a remote thing I am not watching it my wife at home is.
No; I doubt this is a wifely fix Smile further more I doubt this is a Kodi issue, but it does sound like something operates/updates as a background task and takes away Kodi focus to the point all resources are occupied briefly and Kodi has to re-establish the screen, fill audio buffer etc. Doubt the log will show anything other than the re-establishment, best seen with something like process explorer running in the back-ground.

how to find which scripts running in background

Open Task Manager and go to Details tab. If a VBScript or JScript is running, the process wscript.exe or cscript.exe would appear in the list. Right-click on the column header and enable "Command Line". This should tell you which script file is being executed.