Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How To Manage Menu, Sub Menu ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,
I'm using Kodi on my PC and Nvidia Shield for 2 years.  I always was expecting the possibility to have more video categories, than TV shows and Movies
Since Nexus has been released, I have spent literally hours searching how to setup the new menu, within this forum, other, and Kodi Wiki. 
Unless I'm a complete idiot (may be, who knows ) I did not find the way to do it and enjoy the new possibilities

In short :  On my NAS I have one the following Folders : Movies, Old Movies; Comedy; TV Show; Sciences; Concert; Documentary.
They are all videos. The only one I'm able to setup correctly is TVShow and Movies
How to setup the new folder (there are plenty empty) ?
Any help is welcome.
NB : I'm not a Python dev, nor SQL (sorry about that)
@leyeti77

That is pretty easy to do...

1. You need a skin that allows main menu customisation. The default Estuary skin and Confluence do not allow that
2. You need a method to allow Kodi to separate the different types of movies using Smart Playlists
3. Create the new menu items.

Instructions are here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
(2023-11-03, 22:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@leyeti77

That is pretty easy to do...

1. You need a skin that allows main menu customisation. The default Estuary skin and Confluence do not allow that
2. You need a method to allow Kodi to separate the different types of movies using Smart Playlists
3. Create the new menu items.

Instructions are here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
Hi, Thanks for the instructions.  I use Aeon Tajon (6.7.0 on Shield & 6.7.1 on PC)
Will keep you informed
(2023-11-03, 22:59)leyeti77 Wrote: [ -> ]I use Aeon Tajon
Yep, that should be pretty easy.
Create a Smart Playlist to filter the movies to whatever you need.
Use one of the "Custom" menu options in the Aeon Tajo skin settings.
Set that Smart Playlist as the Action to Display.
(2023-11-03, 23:45)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-03, 22:59)leyeti77 Wrote: [ -> ]I use Aeon Tajon
Yep, that should be pretty easy.
Create a Smart Playlist to filter the movies to whatever you need.
Use one of the "Custom" menu options in the Aeon Tajo skin settings.
Set that Smart Playlist as the Action to Displ
Cool, Now I have a track to follow.
Thread marked solved.