Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Green Theme Desperation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I "just want" to have a "green" theme. Oh man, did I loose my nerve over the last few hours. 

"Red" was great for a while. I achieved to adapt the red.xml to a green.xml, but I despair over adapting the textures.
The Kodi texture tool somehow doesn't decompile/extract the textures.xbt or the red.xbt, the destination folder remains empty. 

I looked at that forum, that was a common problem but I found no solution. Hints like "the textures are available in the source code at GitHub" did not help, I don't seem to be able to find them there (non-registered user). 

Could someone tell me where to find the actual files that would need to be photoshopped?
Perhaps I'm lucky and texture tool is able to at least compile, I would need to try it. 

Or does anyone already use a green theme and help me out? Pretty please??
(2023-11-04, 12:04)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone tell me where to find the actual files that would need to be photoshopped?
Try here... https://github.com/gade01/Rapier/tree/master/media
found it, but I can't seem to find a way to download the directory... 

and please understand, I have no earthly idea of what the content structure of an xbt looks like. 

if I could have managed to extract (decompile?) one, I would have been able to understand what needs to be changed. 

could you perhaps upload an extracted version of rapiers defaults.xbt and red.xbt, so I can try to mod and recompile them?
alright, I eventually got it, and compiling worked, too. it goes to show it's not easy being green... but noice!
(2023-11-05, 18:54)skippr Wrote: [ -> ]alright, I eventually got it, and compiling worked, too. it goes to show it's not easy being green... but noice!
Great.
Any chance of a screenshot?
You should upload your changes to Gade, the skin developer. He may include it in future releases.
Sure. 

I will test this and probably refine the shades a bit before contacting Gade.

I guess the customized Kodi logo might be a no-no, in a green rush I couldn't control myself.