Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced settings cache omega nightly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. So i have tried both kodi omega nigthly (latest 25nov(?)) And kodinerds omega latest 25nov.

On both of these the advancedsettings doesnt work.

This is my code for caching to harddrive, advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
<readfactor>30</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

Though the same settings work on kodi nexus And quietvoids omega: kodi-21-Omega-Beta1-arm64-v8a-release-quietvoid-2023-10-18

Is this a known bug?

I have tried to search for "kodi 21 omega advancedsettings cache" and such with no answers on this subject
Couldnt find an edit-button. But i have tried it on samsung s23 and nvidia shield pro 2019.

What happens is, when i open "ctrl alt O" player debug info, while playing a video. Is: it will only forward 14mb (kodi standard)
If running the latest Omega nightly all those settings are under Services/Cache in the gui now.
Also, you have memorysize set to 0. What's the use of that?
The Shield Pro has plenty of RAM so really no need to write to disk.
Aha, thank you. Well even if i write to the maximum ram-number, ita sometimes not enough. (I have a very unstable internet)
Btw. Does it matter what i have in readfactor, when im using memsize "0"/write to disc?
(2023-11-27, 01:05)AngryBird Wrote: [ -> ]The Shield Pro has plenty of RAM so really no need to write to disk.

Thats the ram part, when you decrease to  0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM.
(2023-11-27, 17:33)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-27, 01:05)AngryBird Wrote: [ -> ]The Shield Pro has plenty of RAM so really no need to write to disk.

Thats the ram part, when you decrease to  0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM.

Exactly, so you agree Smile
(2023-11-27, 17:48)AngryBird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-27, 17:33)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]

No I not agree.
Im use ram for buffer in my shield, and firesticks, and other players. No way to use disk, which is slower.
(2023-11-27, 17:54)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-27, 17:48)AngryBird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-11-27, 17:33)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the ram part, when you decrease to  0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM.

No I not agree.
Im use ram for buffer in my shield, and firesticks, and other players. No way to use disk, which is slower.

How does that differ when I said the Shield has plenty of RAM so no need to set to 0 to write to disk?  However, the OP has now said why.
No way, I misunderstood. Smile
(2023-11-27, 18:07)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]No way, I misunderstood. Smile

Smile

Maybe you know the answer to his question about readfactor and writing to disk?
Quote:Maybe you know the answer to his question about readfactor and writing to disk?

No but the current omega nightly has these settings built in the menu.
That owerwrite what the advancedsettings set, and you can easily play with them..
(2023-11-27, 19:34)frodo19 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Maybe you know the answer to his question about readfactor and writing to disk?

No but the current omega nightly has these settings built in the menu.
That owerwrite what the advancedsettings set, and you can easily play with them..
LOL
Pages: 1 2