Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mecool KM9 +Kodi+Netflix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, neve rposted her before, hop this in the correct place

Mecool KM9.  Ive added TVMucho to it no problem, works fine.

Now Im trying to find a way to run Netflix, of which I have a legitimate account and normally run it o nthe PC

Holy ***, everything I try i hit a brick wall, ive spent three hours messing with this so far.

I can find the netflix android app and download it, except it doesnt, nothing appears in the download folder, even using the built in web browser or  chrome. I put the apk on  ausb stick, can get the KM9 to see the USB stick.  Does the KM9 block some sources of downloads, like a browser? Why does nothing i point at on the browser download even though it claims its done it?

Next try was kodi

So ive followed instructions to ad the Castagna netflix 20.0 .2repository to kodi, which its done.

Now i have the login problem. It refuses to recognise my perfectly valid login credentials. I click on the Authentication key option, it is now asking me to locate the NFAAuthentication .key file. No such file exists on the box, anywhere.

So, another brick wall. Why is everything to do with this box so **** obscure complicated and hard?

Where do i find this  authentication key, and what do i do with it if i can find it ?
UPDATE

ok, ive found the windows program that makes the authentication key, i now have a bunch of files including NFAuthentication.key

Bearing in mind the android box cant see the USB port it has, how do i get this file into the KM9 box?
Ok i figured it out, the usb stick was USB 2, doesnt work in the USB 3 port lol, once the stick is in the right port, it sees it.

However still doesnt work

"Your account cant be used on this device " when I try and play a netflix show

Now where do i go ?
Ok thanks, but last link doesnt help, its a 221 page thread, thats nor really viable to read thru lol

Id be  amazed if the instructions on the first post, 221 pages later, are still applicable.
What level of Widevine is supported on your device?
(2023-12-16, 18:43)oldfartuk Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks, but last link doesnt help, its a 221 page thread, thats nor really viable to read thru lol

Id be  amazed if the instructions on the first post, 221 pages later, are still applicable.

well if you actually went to the issues page i linked

HERE https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...mecool+km9

you will see that netflix does not work with the mecool km9 and is potentially blacklisted by netflix (as it was in dec 2019)

other research shows results that sideloaded apps might do netflix at 540p which indicates a fake L1 certification because proper L1 certified devices can do 4K no problem