Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dolby Vision support on device supporting it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am confused reading other threads

I have 20.2 on Google Chromecast with TV 4k that supports Dolby Vision. DV logo pops out on the TV as soon as I connect it. I can play DV movies with Kodi on it. But not DV logo pops out when I start playing the movie.

Is DV all along from the menu till the movie is playing? How to know for sure if DV is active when I play DV movies with Kodi?

Perhaps if I cannot see the difference, it doesn't matter ...
Sounds like you have 'Match Content' disabled so it's always outputting DV; enable it and you'll get the correct output without the Chromecast messing with it.
Thanks a lot!

That did it.

Is there a way of knowing from Kodi itself (like when I click 'O' to get https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_in...ocess_Info)
Yes, the Video decoder should have dv in it. On my Shield TV it's amc-dvhe(s) (HW).
I see amc-hevc(S) as decoder

File name I got says 'Dolby.Vision', TV shows dolby vision logo when kodi starts the video
Maybe I got it wrong then but as long as your TV shows DV logo when you play it you're good.
(2023-12-24, 11:57)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ] 

Maybe it is device dependent, because on my FireTV I also always have "amc-dvhe(s) (HW)" when playing a DV video.
Also, some devices, like my BD player, can always trigger DV logo on my LG TV, with any non DV video
Where can I find these settings and should it work with the new Fire Cube (mkv)?