Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI on H96 Max hardware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DQi-K H96 Max (RK3528) Android 13 TV box, one of the flat round ones, that I bought recently from Amazon. For some reason it will suddenly delete every video file I have on a USB drive. I'm sick of this thing and don't know what causes it to do that, so I'm just about to smash it to pieces. However...

Having had a KODI box in the past, I'm curious if there is a KODI firmware version that can be installed directly on this H96 hardware. I haven't been able to find any specific info about it, so if anyone has an answer and can point me to where I might find it, I'd appreciate it.
Go to CoreELEC forum and see if they have someting that will work on your device.
to the best of my knowledge coreelec is tailored for AMLogic devices not Rockchip and a browse over the device trees does seem to support that https://coreelec.org/dtb

recommend if the device is not performing and within the return window then take advantage of the return policy and get something that does work how you want
Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately it's past the return window for me so I'm stuck with it.

It wouldn't' be such a bad box if it wasn't for the extremely peculiar habit this thing has of deleting any file in a video format (mp4, mkv, avi.. you name it.) This has happened so often I simply made an image of the usb stick I use with it so I can reinstall with the image to get the videos back. But, it does -not- delete every file time, only video files! For example, it doesn't delete any subtitle (.srt) files in the exact folder where the video files were. I can't even guess how that's possible unless there's something programmed into the software to randomly delete files with only those extensions. And I became very careful to 'eject' the drive before removing it. But without touching the usb drive, with it still plugged in after watching something, if you go back the next day to watch something else... chances are 80% they'll all be gone.

Anyway, it's become too maddening to keep dealing with it. Time to just buy something better.
This does not look to me as it's the box fault, but somehow Kodi does that...
What version of Kodi are you using? Is it 32 or 64 bit version?

Here you have latest Kodi version to try to install them. First try with 20 (Nexus) 64 bit version (choose the middle one to Download)
If it does not install then go Here and download 32 bit Nexus version (choose the middle one in first row)

These "Maven's Kodi-Builds für Android" will install along existing Kodi already installed, so you'll not loose anything.