Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Osmosis - Does this work in Nexus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this addon, just wondering if it works in Nexus? If not, is there an alternative that does?

Thanks
probably better to ask at the source https://www.kodinerds.net/thread/53307-b.../?pageNo=1
Works fine for me with Slyguy Addons.
(2023-12-26, 20:53)izprtxqkft Wrote: [ -> ]probably better to ask at the source https://www.kodinerds.net/thread/53307-b.../?pageNo=1

Unfortunately, this forum is already dead, as well as the development and support of this plugin....
(2023-12-26, 21:07)Eye in the sky Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me with Slyguy Addons.

hmm interesting, I currently have the biggest problem with the Slyguy add-ons... HBO Max stopped working completely with Osmosis, I can't export or update anything, nothing can be found in my watchlist... Disney+ does work, but from the beginning there was a problem with the fact that you can't export the entire series watchlist at once, you only have to export the series one by one, and in addition, I have to manually remove the extras and the "similar series" folder from it - I don't know what it's called..., so it's a lot of work...
(2023-12-26, 20:21)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Came across this addon, just wondering if it works in Nexus? If not, is there an alternative that does?

Thanks

this addon works on all versions of kodi (I'm currently on Beta Omega). Unfortunately, it's been a long time without updates, so at least for me some things don't work anymore...

Netflix - works, but you can use the internal exporter in the addon
Amazon Prime Video - works but you can use the internal exporter in the addon
HBO Max - it worked, but it hasn't worked for me since some version (I don't know if it's Kodi or the HBOMax addon) and I don't know what the problem is
Disney+ - it works, but for series it is necessary to export each series separately, you can't e.g. the entire watchlist like with others addons - it will block the account with Disney+, in addition, I have to export the series only for seasons without other folders (extras, etc...)
SkyShowTime - works without a problem
Got it working on Nexus 20.2, Nvidia Shield.
(2023-12-29, 14:18)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Funguje to na Nexus 20.2, Nvidia Shield.

Hmm, sure, but this addon won't keep me on the old version of Kodi forever...unfortunately there is no better alternative... at least not for addons that don't support export inside..
interesting, i tried to write something that does this exact same function a few months ago and there was no interest so i dropped it and moved on
now all of a sudden there's interest? too late
(2023-12-29, 17:21)izprtxqkft Wrote: [ -> ]interesting, i tried to write something that does this exact same function a few months ago and there was no interest so i dropped it and moved on
now all of a sudden there's interest? too late

there would definitely be interest, because as far as I know, the add-on creator SlyGuy hasn't planned anything like this in his add-ons for years, and Osmosis used to work well, but no one maintains the add-on anymore, and thus it stops working with new versions of addons and Kodi... otherwise it was a great addon that made it possible to export streams from almost anything in general and I'd rather have one working addon like that rather than having to deal with all the individual source addons separately because the support will never be there for all of them...
Osmosis is a fork of my PseudoLibrary script... Unless a lot has changed... It was written for Python v.2.x and is extremely dated at this point.

From my recollection there are no similar projects for Nexus and above.
(2023-12-30, 04:29)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Osmosis is a fork of my PseudoLibrary script... Unless a lot has changed... It was written for Python v.2.x and is extremely dated at this point.

From my recollection there are no similar projects for Nexus and above.

Unfortunately it is, it's very outdated and it's actually surprising that it still partially works... and it's a shame that there isn't any such working add-on that allows exporting VOD streams to the Kodi library...
If anyone else is still using Osmosis, does it work for you with the HBO Max addon? It stopped working for me some time ago and it doesn't want to export anything from it, and it still looks like the picture and nothing happend after that no matter how I adjust the Osmosis settings. But the other add-ons work, so I don't know if the problem is in the HBO Max addon or in the Kodi version (Omega) or even directly in HBO Max  Sad