Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Greatly Reduced WebDAV Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I discovered back in about 2021 that the best way to play UHD remux files (I have a rather large physical UHD disc collection so I know the remux rips are good),  was by using WebDAV.

Basically any Android device, including multiple Nvidia shield 2019 pro and 2nd Gen FireTV cube would intermittently stutter and eventually stall out trying to play especially higher bitrate remuxes via either smb or nfs but not WebDAV which didn't even bat an eye with the highest bitrates files I threw at it 

Recent pre-release builds however seem to have significantly reduced WebDAV Performance such that the protocol is no longer consistently feasible with higher bitrate files and are behaving more like the smb and NFS insufficient performance I had previously experienced.  The last known good build was 6/23 which I'm pretty sure was alpha2.  Beta1 and beta2 both exhibit issues.  My initial guess is the move to libxml2 in around August, but again just a guess.  If I switch back to the older build issue is not longer there.  The most problematic file I've encountered is Gemini Man--it is the only 60 (or rather 59.94 fps) movie in my collection.  So that's my guess as to why it's so pronounced with that.
​​​​​​

Willing to provide whatever is necessary logs, but given it's not an acute bug, not sure what to provide.
this is the development section of the forum so if you're not here to discuss code changes to improve webdav then you are posting in the wrong section
Do you have file caching settings in advancedsettings.xml? If yes, they were moved to the regular settings and need to be configured there, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24049.
Yeah I did that. Didn't make a difference after I set it to the settings I had in the file.
Thread moved to Android support