Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odd Glitch with Kodi player on latest FireTV devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently (in the last month) I’ve experienced an odd glitch with the Kodi player on my latest FireTV devices. When playing back some MP4 video files (not all) from my local area LAN NAS (Synology 218), my FireTVstick 4k Max (first and second gen) freeze at about 1 minute. They have OS 7 and 8, respectively. My old 4k devices (OS6) don’t do this and neither does my Firestick 3rd gen (OS7). The 3rd gen stick has OS7.1,x,x and says “up to date”. My first gen 4k Max has OS 7.4.x.x and says “up to date”. Seems to be something to do with the version of OS7/8 and/or the chipset in the two “Max” devices not playing nicely with KODI. I’ve done multiple factory resets on the devices and tried multiple versions of Kodi (19.3, 19.4, 20.2), but each freeze up at the same time.

Anybody experienced anything similar or have any other insightsHuh
Same device, no such issue -> post your Debug Log.
Thanks Fritsch.  How do I get the debug log off the firestick?
If you are using Plex there are known issues with MP4 Dolby Vision files streaming to Android devices causing freezes.
Thanks quietvoid.  I'm not using Plex, I have Synology Media Server on my DS218 but not using any of its features (just using the NAS as a network storage device).  Everything was working fine until about a month ago, so I suspect an OS compatibility issue with Fire OS (but that's just a guess).
debug log (wiki)
Thanks, but the wiki is not helpful.  How do I access the Kodi log stored on an Amazon firestick (android) and how do I get it off the firestick and on to my computer so I can post it?
(2023-12-30, 22:15)HomerJau Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: 

the Debug Log wiki provided already outlines this but it requires users to actually go read it and follow the directions, this is listed under the "Easy Method"
OK, I was able to access the Kodi logs on the firestick using ADBlink.  Unfortunately, with a clean install of Kodi on the offending firestick, there was no log to view(?)