Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NTFS mounted USB drive detected by Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using Chromecast with Google TV that is notorious for not directly supporting NFTS drives
I use  MLUSB app that mounts those drives. It names the mounted drive as USB#0.L0.PART0. I can play files from this drive from MLSUB browser when using MLUSB player. I cannot see this files in any Android file manager (FAT32 USB drives would have shown as 'USB drive')
Funny thing is that if from MLSUB browser I select to play it from Kodi, it does!  File name that shows (while playing from main menu) is /USB#0.L0.PART0/filename.mkv . Playing from a FAT32 drive it would show just as filename.mkv

So somehow Kodi can access that MLUSB mounted NFTS drive. Other players like VLC don't. But from Kodi File manager, I cannot find that mounted drive (again, FAT32 USB drives would have shown as 'USB drive')

So it's some hidden filesystem Kodi has access to? How to make it visible? I would really like to add a source for my NFTS drive.
What happens if you create a new source in the Kodi file manager and manually type in the path: /USB#0.L0.PART0

Also, don't forget to change Kodi's app permissions (in the Android settings) to allow access to files and media "all the time"
I get an error 'Couldn't retrieve directory information'. Like if it was a network location
no clue what NFTS is, nothing i know of uses that format

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS
I meant NTFS. Sorry for the typo