Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback running less than 1x compared to audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm extremely green when it comes to using Kodi, as I am looking to swap over to it from the Jellyfin app (for direct play purposes).

All has gone well, and I've synced my library etc, however I'm running into video playback problems when streaming in the films.

As the video is playing, the video runs at like 0.5-0.75x speed (maybe a little higher) whilst the audio runs completely normally. This means that when the playback is paused, the audio stops straight away but the video continues after pausing to catch up with where the audio is in the timeline.

This is on the Kodi app on Android TV with a Chromecast 4k. I've had the same films I've tested in Kodi, run the full length without issue in the Jellyfin app so it's definitely a Kodi problem.

I've confirmed that playback on my PC with the Kodi app from the Microsoft Store works flawlessly.

I haven't grabbed any logs yet, but wanted to post here ahead of time in case someone had seen this previously.

Thanks
it's going to be down to media format
HEVC Main 10 will likely has the issue you are experiencing due to limitations
as will VC1
AVC should be fine
TrueHD/DTSHD may cause issues

so really to guess without knowing what is being played will not yield results, provide a mediainfo at minimum

wireless can be suspect but usually results in buffering not slowed playback

unless told to by changing settings the jellyfin addon for kodi then it will not transcode, verify this and if needed change the setting to force transcode the media in question

final tip ensure you are using playback method "Addon" and not "Native", native pretty much negates the use of jellyfin as a server and you may as well just add the files via an smb share