Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom backgrounds too large for screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nexus 20.2

On my custom build I am using some of my personal jpeg photos for the backgrounds. Most of them fit the screen perfectly, showing the complete photo.

I have a few that are too large. I tried editing my photos to reduce the size, but they always are too large. Peoples heads are STILL cut off !

Example: I reduced the pixels in one photo from 3072 X 2034 down to 500 X 375, but nothing changes. It displays the exact same way. Too large.

What am I doing wrong?
It's the scaling method used in the image control, not the size of image that's causing it to be cutoff.

https://kodi.wiki/?title=Aspect_Ratio
Thanks, I now know what you mean. If I use a photo that is too tall and not meeting the scaling it will be zoomed into until the sides meet thus cutting off the top.

I just took the photo and pasted it to blank page and then cut and pasted making the photo wider using white side borders. Now the picture displays fully (with white borders of course.) and it doesn't matter if it is too wide because all that will happen is that the white side borders will be cut off.. I can always make a wide custom background and paste all my problem pictures into it.