Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI is ignoring .NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I use Kodi on the Shield, and I had to uninstall it due to the recent error in the Play Store version. Now that I have reinstalled it, I tried to rebuild the library for my movies, but Kodi ignores the associated NFO file, choosing to use only internet data. These files worked perfectly before.
I appreciate it if you can help me resolve the issue.
Best regards.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello.
Thank you for your prompt response.
I have created the log as instructed, which is available here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/inebonokeq
I created a mini library with only two movies to demonstrate the issue.

The movies are all located in the root of the external drive, along with the .NFO files and posters.
All files have the same name as the movie title.
The content of the .NFO file is:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>9</title>
<plot>
Disco 2
Quando 9, um pequeno boneco de serapilheira, ganha vida, vê-se no meio de um mundo pós-apocalíptico. Todos os humanos desapareceram mas, por mera sorte, ele encontra uma pequena comunidade de bonecos como ele, que se escondem de assustadoras máquinas as quais vagueiam pela terra com a intenção de lhes fazer mal. Apesar de ser o neófito do grupo, 9 convence os outros que esconderem-se não lhes traz qualquer vantagem. Se querem sobreviver, eles têm de contra atacar e tentar descobrir porque razão é que as máquinas os querem destruir. O que se segue é uma sublime e enternecedora aventura onde este herói improvável lidera as suas tropas na batalha, descobrindo que um bando de guerreiros em miniatura poderá ser a última esperança da humanidade.
</plot>
<set>
        <name></name>
</set>

</movie>
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/
There is no sign of any nfo file in your log which means there is a problem with the nfo file, either the content or the file itself is non-conforming.

The sample nfo file above, that looks like a combination nfo file with the imdb link at the end of the nfo file. Is that what you want?
Why do you have the empty set tags in there?
Your nfo file contains NoBreakSpaces instead of regular spaces. How did you create them?
Are your nfo files UTF-8 format?

Can you provide a screenshot so I can clearly see the layout of your movies and nfo files.
Also can you upload the full nfo file to a file hosting site so I can download it and check it.

Also, you should not add the entire hard drive as a source as you have done. You need to have a source folder... /storage/108D-19AE/Movies/
Hello.
- I find it strange that there is an issue with the NFO files because they worked correctly in the previous version of KODI before I had to uninstall it due to the problem that occurred with the automatic update last week...
- Yes, what I want is a combination file that allows me to manually enter some information (Title in Portuguese; Plot, and Tag) and for KODI to retrieve the remaining information from the internet.
- The tag field is empty because I only fill it in if the movie belongs to a collection; otherwise, I leave it blank.
- I'm not sure how it happened (I didn't even know NoBrakesSpaces existed). In fact, I think I used ChatGPT to help me create the NFO file and I also copy/paste the manual data from my movie collection software...that might be how they were created... 
- Yes, the files are in UTF-8 format.
I've already created a source folder called "movies" and placed the files there.
It continues to ignore the NFO files.

I'm sending a link for a screenshot and an NFO file. 
Thank you.

https://we.tl/t-djdUutts3W
(2024-01-13, 17:09)Roentgen77 Wrote: [ -> ]https://we.tl/t-djdUutts3W
Thanks.
I can't see anything wrong in your screenshot. Four files - mkv, nfo, srt and the poster.
The only change I would make there is the srt file and add the language and type. eg, if it is Forced English subtitles, it would be named.... #SemSaida.eng.forced.srt. Kodi then knows the language and type of subtitles
Although I would definitely be adding the year to the titles - #SemSaida (2020).mkv

I tested your nfo file and it works ok for me.

Don't use Windows Notepad for code files. Use Notepad++ ... https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Unfortunately I am at a loss. I can't see why those nfo files are not working.
I see that you are using Android. Can you test on your Windows PC and check if it works?
If you switched to a lower-case capable fs, make sure it's .nfo and not .NFO. Also make sure it's called exactly as the movie. I - by chance - needed this functionality today for an old Snowboard video ... and it worked. With that I also checked if -poster.png is working as it should. all good.
Thank you for your efforts.

I installed KODI on Windows, and the .nfo files work perfectly!
I think there's something wrong with the KODI installed on the Shield... I've tried uninstalling and attempting with previous versions (20.1 and 20.2), but it still doesn't work... any suggestions?
The .nfo files are lowercase and have exactly the same name as the movie. They worked perfectly when I tested them on Windows but are not being recognized on Android Shield...
Yes, the -poster.png is working as it should...

Thanks.
Hi.
I found a solution... a bit radical, but it worked. I reverted my Shield device to factory settings, reinstalled Kodi, and voila! It works perfectly.
Thanks!